PDA

View Full Version : First attempt. . .

JLBeck
12-15-2006, 06:01 PM
...at an 'animation' AND composition. sorry the bit is so quick and (quite frankly) boring, but this was a small, yet HUGE step for me. There's still a ton i'd like to do with this, so please crit's welcome. If anyone wouldn't mind, advising me as to what would be the BEST place to start fine-tuning. I have a long list in my head as is, so I welcome any and all.

Max 8
Mental Ray
Photoshop CS
After Effects

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v700/superslayer/?action=view&current=electric_ball_1.flv

My biggest hurdle was figuring out a way to animate the static that resided within the glass bulb and still carry the lens effect glow. Not a single renderer was able to complete this task, and so I was left with having absolutely to composite the glass seperate from the rest of the scene. Object id's , Material id's, g-buffer, video post, VRay, default scanline, Brazil, different transparencies...all no go.

Ty for your time.

CGTalk Moderation
12-15-2006, 06:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.