PDA

View Full Version : Texture Layers & Channel Follower

McC
02-15-2003, 06:05 PM
Hey gang,

I have a number of surfaces that I'm trying to make use channel follower to follow either a single surface or a null's position, which is then controlled by a slider. Unfortunately, every time I reload the scene (after of course saving both the scene and the models involved), channel follower seems to forget which channel it was following for every surface using it. Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong somewhere?

faulknermano
02-15-2003, 07:58 PM
it may be a bug, though i havent checked. does this happen only with textures..?

as an alternative, you can use expressions instead of channel follower.

Eugeny
02-15-2003, 09:18 PM
Just any texture envelope saving with object - not with scene , so save your object and check again ...

McC
02-16-2003, 04:46 AM
it may be a bug, though i havent checked. does this happen only with textures..?

Yep, so far as I've been able to tell.

Just any texture envelope saving with object - not with scene , so save your object and check again ...

What? :surprised If I understood correctly, you're saying it's a matter of saving the object, not the scene. In either case, I've done both:

Unfortunately, every time I reload the scene (after of course saving both the scene and the models involved), channel follower seems to forget which channel it was following for every surface using it.

:shrug:

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.