PDA

View Full Version : inherit material from objects

vertigo
12-15-2006, 01:03 AM
Hello everyone!

For a PFlow scene I use a birth script by Bobo, where N geometry objects generate N particles. Is it possible to assign or inherit the material from the source geometry, so that particle N1 gets the material (and mapping) from object N1, etc...?

Thank you very much!!!

Greets
vertigo

DeKo-LT
12-15-2006, 04:32 PM
You need PF Toolbox #1 from www.orbaz.com

PsychoSilence
12-15-2006, 07:43 PM
do you use this script by bobo as well?

http://www.scriptspot.com/bobo/mxs5/pflow/pflow__inherit_UV.htm

itīs not exact the shader on each particle but the color of the UV...

otherwise follow dekoīs tip with the toolbox! the node you seek for is called "mapping object"

kind regards

anselm

vertigo
12-15-2006, 08:06 PM
Thank you for the answers, guys.

The texel colour inheritance is nice, but it concerns only colours, not whole textures. Furthermore I had some problems with the WSM Camera Map Modifier on the emitter objects. But now it seems I've managed to fix the problem with a small script I wrote, that bakes the whole texture stuff. So now it works! :-)

Best regards & Danke!
vertigo

PsychoSilence
12-15-2006, 11:22 PM
Thank you for the answers, guys.

The texel colour inheritance is nice, but it concerns only colours, not whole textures. Furthermore I had some problems with the WSM Camera Map Modifier on the emitter objects. But now it seems I've managed to fix the problem with a small script I wrote, that bakes the whole texture stuff. So now it works! :-)

Best regards & Danke!
vertigo

nice! maybe you can share the script one day ;)

kind regards

anselm

vertigo
12-16-2006, 06:35 PM
the script is really cheap:

auswahl=selection
for auswahl in selection do
maxOps.CollapseNodeTo auswahl 1 off

but works for me :-)

Greets
vertigo

CGTalk Moderation
12-16-2006, 06:35 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.