PDA

View Full Version : Need Help - Looking for Generic Models

RobertMayer
12-14-2006, 07:30 PM
Hey everyone,

I am in need of a small favor. I am looking for a pair of generic meshes, one male and one female, for use in one of my projects. I have tried dozens of times to make a humanoid mesh, but I cannot get me head around it quite.

They need to be in the nude, have modelled mouths, modelled eyes, and no hair. Furthermore they need to be quad-based so they can be meshsmoothed as per scene requirements. A polycount at around 8,000 - 12,000 would be ideal.

Does anyone know where I can find such models, or whom I might contact to have such models made on a fairly limited budget?

Many thanks,
~Robert Mayer

jramauri
12-14-2006, 08:57 PM
Try the ones on Simply Maya. I don't know if they are on your expectations, but... they're free.
http://www.simplymaya.com/download_pages/category.mhtml?typeid=1&catid=20

RobertMayer
12-15-2006, 04:22 PM
I gave it a shot, and I'm afraid the only model pairs that were their couldnt be opened with my version of Maya (is stuck with 6).
So bumping to the top for hope of a new lead.

Delucubus
12-15-2006, 05:42 PM
www.turbosquid.com is another site to check out. You can search for the models and just sort them by cheapest price first (free).

BadSpleen
12-16-2006, 03:01 AM
I have a male model you can use that I've done for my final year project, pm me to discuss matters.

Chilli

FreakyDude
12-17-2006, 02:40 PM
try makehuman, it's open source, and quite good.
download:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=150931

site:
http://www.dedalo-3d.com/

RobertMayer
12-25-2006, 05:55 AM
I hate to bump this after so long, but I'm afraid my problem still exists. I gave Makehuman a shot and I am afraid that not only is it a bit too high-poly for what I am looking for. I really do hate to be picky, but I am afraid I have no choice.

Suppose I wanted to contract out an anatomy model, what would the usual price go for, and who would I speak with?

CGmonkey
12-25-2006, 07:29 AM
You would speak with me...

It will take me an afternoon to whip out two quick models for you if you'd like. Send me an e-mail to bjornsorensen1 at gmail with full specification (genitals, fat / skinny / muscular etc). I'll do it for free, so you got nothing to lose ;)

Merry Christmas!

billrobertson42
12-25-2006, 03:24 PM
CGmonkey, if you want to make them available to all I would be happy to see them and learn from them.

RobertMayer
12-26-2006, 07:05 PM
CGMonkey, check your inbox ^_^

RobertMayer
02-05-2007, 07:48 PM
I'd hate to bump this under these circumstances, but I'm afraid I cannot get into reliable contact with CGMonkey.
I would still appreciate anyone who might create the models requested in this thread.
Many thanks for all.

CGTalk Moderation
02-05-2007, 07:48 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.