PDA

View Full Version : Taronites ZbornToy now working in Fusion 5.1

crossbones
12-14-2006, 09:50 AM
www.taronites.com
(http://www.taronites.com)If you guys haven't checked it please do. This is by far a gift to anyone doing composting or even a regualr illustrator. Taron and Phillip have worked very very hard to give you guys the most useful plugin you probably would have in your pipelines.

Try the demo, follow the video tutorials, and most importantly create create create!

eatbug
12-17-2006, 01:48 PM
It's great !!!Thanks!!

Osaires
12-20-2006, 08:15 PM
how do you go about it?

I only get what looks like 8 bit info into the zborntool, i tryed to set my loader to 16 bit floate, but it still looks like 8 bit (like inn the video befor he set the project setings to 16 bit)

anyone got it to work?

crossbones
12-20-2006, 09:40 PM
You set your main preferences to 16bit or 32bit color. I prefer setting it to 32bit color.

It works perfect.

kmest
01-07-2007, 05:07 PM
hi guys....i have one stupid question....
um...how can i install it for FUSION?? an .AEX is the only file i get...and fusion seems not knowing that,,even when i rename it to a .plugin file.....

PieterVH
01-08-2007, 01:02 PM
hi guys....i have one stupid question....
um...how can i install it for FUSION?? an .AEX is the only file i get...and fusion seems not knowing that,,even when i rename it to a .plugin file.....

Just drop the .AEX file into the AEPlugins folder in Fusion's program dir. Start Fusion and you'll see an AE category in the Tools menu. ZBornToy should be listed there now, all ready for you to play with...

red_oddity
01-17-2007, 01:52 PM
Just don't feed this plugin EXR files (not in Fusion, not even with e Depth Changer tool, or AFX), it just gives weird stepped results...a 16bit integer SGI file seems to work fine.

Taron333
01-17-2007, 05:13 PM
Hmmm...sounds more like an issue of the host application you were using to create the EXR file, I'd say? Not sure, of course, but if it's 16bit or higher, then there are only two possible issues and none of them have anything to do with the plugin. Issue01: host app doesn't correctly support EXR or spits out 8bit images, regardless as to what export format you choose. Issue02:Post app doesn't support EXR correctly, or a missed setting prevents you from seeing the full range of your format (16bit or higher). In AfterFX it easily happens, that someone misses the "Project Settings" window and doesn't set the project to the proper bits per channel.

Anyway, just wanted to clarify that a little. It would be truely poor of fusion, if it didn't properly support EXR, which i simply can't imagine....but then....it's kinda new, too.

Thanx anyway! :thumbsup:

kmest
01-25-2007, 10:28 AM
thanks PieterVH....that works and its great........i dont know why ihadnt seen that folder earlier

Taron333
01-25-2007, 10:36 AM
Wonna check out a little sneak peek? :D

NoiZette - Sneak Peek (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=10&t=455457) :lightbulb

PieterVH
01-25-2007, 02:57 PM
Now THAT looks interesting! ETA?

Taron333
01-26-2007, 03:00 PM
Curious discovery about Fusion! PSD images (photoshop format) at 16bit will not get loaded as 16bit as it seems! Fusion only sees them or uses them as 8bit. So if you for example wanted to play with "treemare" which is only as a PSD in the demo-project zipfile, you won't be able to work with it. Convert the PSD into a Tif file and everything's fine!

The other trouble I found is also curious. The old Fusion (4.x) has no troubles with layers for parameters (for texturing them with other images). The new Fusion (5.x) doesn't seem to show that interface element. I have no idea why that is, but that seems to be the case right now. If anybody knows anything about that, let me know, please. :shrug:

crossbones
01-26-2007, 04:33 PM
fusion 5.1 will show the interface for what you speak of

PieterVH
01-29-2007, 01:33 PM
Curious discovery about Fusion! PSD images (photoshop format) at 16bit will not get loaded as 16bit as it seems! Fusion only sees them or uses them as 8bit. So if you for example wanted to play with "treemare" which is only as a PSD in the demo-project zipfile, you won't be able to work with it. Convert the PSD into a Tif file and everything's fine!

16bit PSD images load just fine, as long as they are saved in 16 bit RGB colour and not grayscale...

Worth a mention to Eyeon though...

PieterVH
01-29-2007, 02:52 PM
From tech support:

Currently Fusion only supports the older style PSD's.
I will forward this to requests.

Just so you guys know...

duke
06-24-2007, 02:34 PM
I did a quick test but I can't seem to get rid of this godawful stepping (from XSI 6, exr float - also tried sgi 16bit, tiff 16bit, exr half-float, similar problems for all).

crossbones
06-24-2007, 02:40 PM
make sure your project settings are set to 32bit Float or 16bit. Make sure these settings are on the image you import.

Also render a normals pass (it helps) and use this in the geometery section.

SanjayChand
06-27-2007, 10:08 AM
is it still up?

cant find it on the site.

jacobo3d
07-12-2007, 06:20 AM
16bit PSD images load just fine, as long as they are saved in 16 bit RGB colour and not grayscale...

Worth a mention to Eyeon though...

You're right. Thanks!

techmage
08-08-2007, 08:13 PM
Pretty sweet tool. I was playing around with the idea of rendering out certain elements of a scene as just a depth pass, like trees, grass etc, highly complex meshes that could be accurately lit with just direct light and the psuedo-ambient occlusion. Then lighting them with this and compositing them into the scene. But, ran into the problem of, how would you link the light direction in zborntoy to the light direction in the animation your compositing zborntoy lit elements into?

Also the translucency attribute seems to be designed for continuous surface models. It produces unrealistic results when being use on like the leaves of a tree.

Taron333
08-09-2007, 05:03 PM
Hey Ryan,

sounds great! Can you post an example of what you're doing? I'm very, very curious. The translucency is more like a subsurface scatter simulation, extending the lighting and taking volume into account. In the current version it will not transfer remaining illumination, if a leaf only took away a portion of the light, but that's a good idea. Should not be a big problem to add this into the equasion, hehe. However, I generally have to remind you, that it is still all relief based, meaning that it's not a full on 3d rendering engine that magically knows what's hidden behind depth values on the image. Treebranches would most likely not produce the find shadowing you'd want, you know. We're working on ways to overcome some more of the natural limitations of reliefs.

Anyway, we can use all the support we can get by you testing, playing around with it and posting some stuff - hopefully not just problems, hahaha.... - so we can see what else to put into it and potentially fix something that we would've missed. So far we havn't encountered any errors, but if you happen to see one, by all means.

One little reminder, it's a massive expansion to the foundations of compositing far before replacing a 3d renderer. However, try this: Render a scene without radiosity, but with your lighting and shadows in 3d. Save out depth passes as well. Take both the full render and the depth image into compositing and add ambient occlusion with the zborntoy to your full render, using either a dedicated environment for the illumination or simply the full render as environment image. Works absolutely great! This way you can add radiosity effects to your simply lit render with next to no rendertime. Works great on most animations. Don't forget to switch off quick mode.

Thanks, Ryan, I'm happy to see a new post again! Can't wait to see some stuff... :)

CGTalk Moderation
08-09-2007, 05:03 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.