PDA

View Full Version : Textile Pantone colours in Photoshop

Whipyo
12-14-2006, 04:14 AM
Hi all,

Has anyone here dealt with textile pantone colours?
I'm working on some fashion images and need to match to a specific textile PMS colour which the client has supplied.

As far as I can tell, photoshop doesn't contain these textile colours. Does anyone know where I may find this particular library? I have had a look round the net but no joy.

Or better still, can someone give me a CMYK breakdown of 16-4421TC.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Collember
12-14-2006, 11:25 PM
I did a search, and there wasnt a specific CMYK breakup, but this was as close as i could get.

http://www.sanmarinc.com/specsheets/C840.pdf

At the bottom it has a list of colours these hats come in, the top left colour which is "Aqua" with the textile code 16-4421TC but also shows the PMS code for this, which is 7458C (C for coated incase u didnt know this). I checked our PMS Swatch book, and it's Breakup is...

C 52
M 3
Y 6
K 7

If this is the closest match to the textile, its the best you going to get, other than buying the textile pantone book, which is like $300. And if you were a fashion designer, you would have this book, and not be asking the question in the first place ;). So that's the best i could come up with, hope this helps :)

Whipyo
12-15-2006, 12:33 PM
Hi Collmember,

Hey, thanks for your time on helping me out.....
Yeah that CMYK breakdown is ecactly what I needed....Thanks!

I think its a real pity that it is so hard to access this colour library. I would have thought that it would have been in pantones best interest to make this available to everyone free of charge and only make people pay when they want to buy the swatch book. It would promote more widespread use of their colour matching system. When I go to their site, all I can find is cotton pantone swatches but no mention if this is specifically for textiles. **enough bitchin from me**

By the way, for all non-Australians reading this:
Why do you incorrectly spell colour: "color". I think you've all got it wrong. Reads too similar to colon. :rolleyes:

Anyway, thanks again Collmember, I'll see you round the forum. Apologies for the late reply......been sooo busy at work!
I owe you one. :buttrock:

PS. Even though this issue is sorted, if anyone knows where I can get this colour library, please let me know.

CGTalk Moderation
12-15-2006, 12:33 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.