PDA

View Full Version : maya8 saving in PNG

yinako
12-13-2006, 06:31 AM
I could swear when I try to save in png in batch render it still outputs in iff, for god knows why.

Hans-CC
12-13-2006, 03:44 PM
I could swear when I try to save in png in batch render it still outputs in iff, for god knows why.

yea i had the same problem , is it just me or maya 8 its so buggy i have also problems with the display in the render view wile keeping images or switching to alpha masks

yinako
12-14-2006, 04:50 AM
not only that, the renderviw make a ziggle puzzle out of my renders, and now I have chunks alpha + bunch of previous renders all mixed up... scrolling the render buffer, just reshuffles the puzzle.

Ash-Man
12-14-2006, 01:16 PM
PNG rendered fine on my side.

Avoid the temptation of using your old preference folder

Remove the Maya 8 folder from My document and start Maya , let it create new preference for you

And Try again

yinako
12-15-2006, 05:25 AM
hey you know I would like to start fresh too, but i never figured how to carry over the old hotkey files, sticking in userHotkeys.mel in the new pref directory dont' seem to work. setting them up again would take too long

MaNdRaK18
12-15-2006, 08:57 AM
hey you know I would like to start fresh too, but i never figured how to carry over the old hotkey files, sticking in userHotkeys.mel in the new pref directory dont' seem to work. setting them up again would take too long

Not at all. Just before You delete old prefs, save somewhere aside userHotkeys.mel, userNamedCommands.mel and userRunTimeCommands.mel. You might as well save userPrefs.mel.
Then delete old pref folder, start maya and close it. Maya will create new one in the same place.
After that copy back these mel files in new maya\8.0\prefs , restart maya and Your old hotkeys work.

tbaypaul
12-16-2006, 01:00 AM
"Not at all. Just before You delete old prefs, save somewhere aside userHotkeys.mel, userNamedCommands.mel and userRunTimeCommands.mel."

and your icons, markingmenus, brushes, brush images, plugin and custom mel script directories you have installed, userColor.mel...userRGB.........etc........?!

MaNdRaK18
12-16-2006, 02:54 AM
"
and your icons, markingmenus, brushes, brush images, plugin and custom mel script directories you have installed, userColor.mel...userRGB.........etc........?!

Well, being honest, how often do You change these?
And he asked about HOTKEYS.

CGTalk Moderation
12-16-2006, 02:54 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.