PDA

View Full Version : Need Help: How to make brass for game model?

dennis
12-13-2006, 05:36 AM
hey eveyone. i making a character thats going to have some dirty brass objects. this would be for a next gen game. do i make the material in zbrush then burn the material into the model? or do i just do it all in max? and if so, how do i do that exactly?
thank you everyone in advance. i definitely do appreciate it.:)

urgaffel
12-13-2006, 10:23 AM
Depending on what your object looks like you could do it in Photoshop... It's hard to tell without some sort of information on what you're doing besides the material you want to use.

dennis
12-13-2006, 01:40 PM
Oh sorry about that. The model has a mask, parts of it's helmet, and a chest plate all made of a darker brass. The knee armor is also brass. The model is built for close ups too.
If you need any otner information please let me know. Can't wait to figure this out. :)

Ivars
12-13-2006, 03:12 PM
I think you could try using a full color texture for your specular map, using a more yellow color for you specular might make it look a bit more like brass....

dennis
12-13-2006, 05:58 PM
Thanks Ivar. Thanks Peter. I see what you mean. Sweet, now I can finish this model and move on to the next. Thanks guys.:) :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
12-13-2006, 05:58 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.