PDA

View Full Version : Free Vue 5 & 6 Video Tutes.

IvanB
12-13-2006, 05:27 AM
Hi All,

Heres a couple of links to my free vue video tutes. I now have a second link to a site that is hosting my QUICKTIME videos, much better quality than the Esnips flash videos. No registration required etc..Hope they help.

New Link:

http://resources.advancedperceptions.net/Tutorials/Vue

Esnips site:

http://www.esnips.com/UserProfileAction.ns?id=40dacfe2-91ce-475f-84e5-1805f766e6b9

http://forums.cgsociety.org/images/icons/icon10.gif Thanks to Cerdric Morrison from Advanced Perceptions!http://forums.cgsociety.org/images/icons/icon13.gifhttp://forums.cgsociety.org/images/icons/icon10.gif

Ivan.

phamarus
12-13-2006, 05:57 PM
very nice...been waiting for this..much easier to view the tutes..and a nice clean site.
Just a small note about missing letters in your site...the basic terrain tute, in the words creating greyscale terrains...they are missing the R:s..it says "ceating geyscale"...just thought you
might wanna know..:eek:
Otherwise great stuff...and thanks for sharing these..

Phamarus

IvanB
12-13-2006, 10:01 PM
HEEEHEE,

No R's...I'll let him know...Thanks.

BoBoZoBo
12-14-2006, 07:17 PM
LOL yeah sorry, this whole area is underdevelopment.. ill get it fixed.. we also want you to be able to download the videos.

Stay tuned.

dprgb
12-15-2006, 04:19 PM
Just a quick note on the matchmove tutorials - you shouldn't use the 'greenscreen' thing you're showing. When you're going from CG into any compositing program you want to use alpha channels or masks, not mess around with chroma keying. You also run the risk of antialiasing the edge of the CG object against the green background and having to remove the AA 'spill' later, when it should be done against a black background or even the original background.

You could just create a rectangle a similar color to whatever the sphere's sitting on (to get some GI spill on the sphere) and comp the video using the shadow pass set to multiply, on top of that the sphere footage using the sphere object mask as an alpha channel.

The track came out good, though... I've been pretty impressed with Matchmover since I got it.

IvanB
12-15-2006, 11:23 PM
Thanks David,

I'm still a bit new to compositing, havn't done very much..That makes sense, however the shadow sequence comes out pretty crap, and I couldn't seem to get an image with alpha info, even though it was checked before rendering, The only way I could get alpha was with a photoshop psd export...Would you be able to make a tute?

Ivan.

Kevin Sanderson
12-16-2006, 12:47 PM
Thanks, Ivan and Cedric. Much easier to view and follow.

dprgb
12-17-2006, 06:44 AM
I've never done a tutorial before, but I think it would be fun. I took Christmas week off at work, so maybe I'll try throwing something together then (I've wanted to start making some, but just never sat down to do it).

Only problem - I just had to have my front tooth extracted (long story involving a bike accident 7 years ago) so I have quite a lisp right now!

IvanB
12-17-2006, 11:18 AM
Hi all,

Kevin..Your welcome.

David...That would be awsome if you could do that....Dont worry about the lisp, if it gets bad, we'll throw in some subtitles..LOL.

Thanks again

Ivan.

artzfx
12-17-2006, 09:19 PM
The new tute site is very nice guys.

Just one thing, when I try to view the Vue6 Displacement tute, it plays the Vue6 clouds tute.

Silverblade-T-E
01-03-2007, 02:46 AM
That's really great, thanks for those tutorials mate! :)

iloco
01-06-2007, 01:57 AM
Ivan on the one site the tutorials can not be downloaded to HD to view later if need be.
Is there a reason for this. With esnips I was able to download and save so can view anytime I need to. :)
Just curious why.

IvanB
01-06-2007, 02:24 AM
Silverblade-T-E...Your welcome.

iloco...How ya going?....Which video?...Is it on the new site (wouldnt happen to be the displacement video)...

Ivan.

iloco
01-06-2007, 12:25 PM
Yes displacement is one and the others I clcik on start my quicktime to load. I dont get any options to save.
With esnips I can download the tuts without any problems. :)

IvanB
01-06-2007, 12:45 PM
Hi Iloco,

This was addressed but doesnt seem to be fixed...I'll remind the host to get that fixed, The other thing I asked him to fix was the ability to save these files without having to have quicktime "PRO"....I'll let him know.

iloco
01-06-2007, 01:52 PM
Thanks Ivan. I am in no hurry as I have most of what I need for Vue6 downloaded.
These tutorials have been great help to me with Vue 6.
Big Thanks once again for your time and work to make these available for us. :)

lwjacob
01-06-2007, 08:00 PM
Hey, I've being looking for these. Thank you.

IvanB
01-07-2007, 03:44 AM
Your welcome people!,

I have passed on the info and all should be fixed very soon...also the ability to save without having QT pro, will be looked at.

craftycurate
01-13-2007, 04:00 PM
Tutes are really helpful, and are easy to follow and well paced .

Thanks
Richard

ooo
01-16-2007, 08:44 PM
Thanks for the great tutorials! I watched all the IvanB tutorials. Very usefull stuff!

I'm very interested in this displacement tutorial so I hope the file mixup will be fixed!

Thanks!

odo

Edit: I found out the esnips version (SWF) is the right movie on displacement. I assume this is the same movie?

IvanB
01-16-2007, 09:58 PM
Hey ooo,

Your welcome...Thats correct they are the same videos.

spirozero
01-25-2007, 06:25 PM
Are you taking requests? :)

I've Google-searched for a tutorial on animating the growth of a tree. No luck. Maybe you could cover this topic in one of your upcoming tutorials?

Thanks.

IvanB
01-26-2007, 12:48 AM
Hey Spirozero,

Heres a link to a couple of small clips of a tree growing, then the same tree in an ecosystem.

http://www.esnips.com/web/Tree-Growth

I'll try and make a tute a little later on (bit busy atm), but its quite easy.

Heres some steps to get you started.

1.load a tree
2.setup your timeline and duration, add keyframe at start and at the end for the tree.
3.At the beginning of the timeline, double click on your tree, and edit the size etc, drop down the leaf size etc..and hit ok.
4.The first keyframe your tree will be small, as you play the animation the tree will grow to it end size....Thats it.
5.If you want to use the tree with animation in an ecosystem, save the tree you just animated as vob, you can then add that "Vob object" to an ecosystem.

See how you go...I'll try and get a video done asap.

Ivan.

spirozero
01-26-2007, 04:10 AM
Fantastic! Thanks so much Ivan. I'll try it myself when I get back to the office tomorrow. If I'm successful I'll post my results! :D

-------------------

Just thought of another question. Can the animated tree be exported out of Vue as an alpha channel? For example, I'd like to bring this tree growth animation into After Effects with it's own alpha channel. Do you know if this is possible?

-------------------

OK, last question, then I'm going to bed. Do you know - can you animate the root growth as well?

Thanks

IvanB
01-26-2007, 08:16 AM
Hi Spirozero,

No Problems.

ALPHA, YES, you can use the "multipass" options and select the tree/trees to have a mask (Object Mask..select tree/trees) and save out the sequence as Multilayer PSD, then load into AFX and bang! your done, Your tree will be there with alpha. ( You probably know this already...IF NOT ) Load image sequence, select merged layers, (interperate footage=straight unmatted)...and your done.

With regards to the roots..your limited to the editing of the plants, have a play and you'll see, you dont have the best of control over the plants unfortunatly. Oh, and you can also animate the size of the tree by streaching it in the actual vue interface at the keyframes, not only the tree editor, if you like.

Ivan.

Jack Youngblood
02-08-2007, 03:24 PM
To download Quicktime tutorials:

let them pop up in their own window. go to View>Show Address Bar (or whatever Internet Explorer equivalent is) and copy address of .mov in address bar. Paste into a new window and hit Alt Return (or whatever Internet Explorer equivalent is) to download file as opposed to loading it.

Just bought Vue6 for my School. Very pleased so far.

Good luck.

CGTalk Moderation
02-08-2007, 03:24 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.