PDA

View Full Version : test walk animation

noobie
12-12-2006, 10:31 PM
well i modelled and rigged this character in maya and i was planning to do a 30 second fight animation with him and another character but some of my weights arent painted right but anyways assignments due soon so i just wanted to do some cycles and i did this walk animation today so just wanted to know what u guys think i cant seem to make the walk flow smoothly it always seems to get really jerky in the middle of the walk i tried not having a "straight-leg" pose in there but that made it worst i dunno i been staring at the screen too long i cant tell anymore please gimme some suggestions. Thanks

http://www.angelfire.com/planet/drift3r/rhasta03.mov.avi

SirRon
12-13-2006, 07:53 PM
The walk looks fine with me. The only thing I notice is that his right arm jerks because it goes from bent>straight>bent during the passing. Try keeping it bent. Act out a walk and you'll find your arm doesn't straighten out as much as you'd think.

Hope that helps.

noobie
12-13-2006, 09:29 PM
cool thanks and i just realized my rig isnt both ik and fk so it was kinda hard to get all the positons then way i had it drawn on paper lol.. first character rigged in maya and i thought the instructor was teaching me the right way but i geuss he left out the part about the FK chain o wells ill see what i can do

SirRon
12-14-2006, 12:10 AM
oh, is the whole rig IK then?

as easy as it is with having FK arms for walk cycles, IK will do too.

CGTalk Moderation
12-14-2006, 12:10 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.