PDA

View Full Version : Newbie > Low Poly

Animatoron
02-15-2003, 12:00 AM
I came across this website last week and was blown away by some of the work posted here. I'm posting a simple WIP for some feedback to make sure i'm on the right track. Thanks
-Ron

http://www.animatoron.com/images/oldmanmodel.jpg

website >> http://www.animatoron.com

Gibbz
02-15-2003, 12:05 AM
nice, i like the muscle structure what res skin?

sanhueza
02-15-2003, 12:42 AM
I checked out your website, very impressive work! I especially liked the quality of your models, and your illustration/life-drawing skills. I can see that you've also done alot of character animation, which is impressive in its own right, because I know how time consuming that can be.

The main area I'd suggest focusing on improving is your texturing skills. Compared to your models, the textures simply don't measure up. Other than that, this is great stuff!

- Me

www.sanhueza.com

hanzo
02-15-2003, 01:01 AM
YE YUUK...THAT DUDE IS UGLY:thumbsup:

Animatoron great game
modelling nice use of maya....:D
also what was the res of the skin?

Animatoron
02-15-2003, 01:07 AM
The Res of the skin is currently 1024. I usually paint the texture at this res and then i lower the res to either 512 or 256. I'm kinda new to all this character modeling/texturing so i asume that working at a higher res first and then lowering it is fine. Thanks for the comments sanhueza. I do understand what you mean about the textures. I'm hoping that will improve with the more work I produce. I should have a handful of new charaters posted by the middle of march for feedback. I'm learning a lot about texturing just by surfing through the post here. Anyway.. hopeful everyone has plans for tonight! Happy Valentines.. See ya
-ron

CogsOrchish
02-15-2003, 04:03 PM
Hey Animatoron, good job with the textures. Overall its sweet as a cherry pie. I only have one comment with the arms and the rest of the other models you have in your site. The arms are too skinny in the elbow area =). :thumbsup:

MASTERSHOKHAN
02-15-2003, 06:07 PM
Surrrrrre your a newbie. Most newbies haven't worked on the Gremlin project. By the way, I guess you guys aren't going to finish that? See how much better you portfolio looks over other people because of life drawing. I've seen your stuff around the labs here and there, your very good.

Animatoron
02-15-2003, 08:38 PM
lol MASTERSHOKHAN.. just so you know i never worked on the gremlin project. I just knew Steve Kody and when he left to EA i asked him if I could use his model. I think Life Drawing rocks but from my experince most companies don't give a hoot about life drawings. I think that's kinda sad but what can you do. Thanks for the comments guys. Ican't wait to get home from vacation to start busting out some new work. This forum rocks
-Ron

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.