PDA

View Full Version : Critique : Flash site

Xilver
02-14-2003, 11:12 PM
When we completed our 6 weeks of internship, we had to make a site to show off what we did at the company for 6 weeks. I decided to use Flash, because that was my job for those 6 weeks.

http://users.pandora.be/tcx/stage

It's a few months old, and I won't be changing anything about it, but I would like to know what I can improve, because I am working on a larger Flash site right now, for an important customer, so I'd like to know which fields I should pay more attention too.

Thanks for your time :)

Michael Chen
02-15-2003, 04:28 AM
Thats pretty good :)

Did you learn flash in 6 weeks? Or was that just internship.

Anyway the site rocks :buttrock:

I like the transitions between sections and the music sounds sweet.

Anyone keep up the good work :D

Titan
02-15-2003, 05:42 AM
Xilver: That is a pretty clean site I like it;)

Rukuwa: your damn avatar is gonna give me a siezure;):bounce:

jk

Xilver
02-15-2003, 09:09 AM
Thanks for the replies.

I knew Flash for longer than that, but I learned the best tricks from the people who worked there.

LittleFenris
02-17-2003, 11:47 PM
I get to the point where I see orange triangles and it says "Navigate here>>>" to the left, but I none of the triangles work as buttons or anything. What am I doing wrong here? :hmm:

Xilver
02-18-2003, 03:17 PM
VWTornado, I think it's because you have an older version of the Flash player. I checked it with Flash Player 5, and it doesn't work well indeed. Try installing version 6, it should work then. If it still doesn't, I'd love to hear what browser you're using, etc... so I can try and clear it up.

LittleFenris
02-19-2003, 04:51 PM
Just watched it at work where I have Flash Player 6 installed and it worked fine. The other computer i was using has Flash Player 5 on it and it didn't work properly. Thanks. Site looks good BTW, nice and clean. :) only thing that bothered me is the quick flashing text for who, what, where. You're gonna give someone a seizure or something. :)

Originally posted by Xilver
VWTornado, I think it's because you have an older version of the Flash player. I checked it with Flash Player 5, and it doesn't work well indeed. Try installing version 6, it should work then. If it still doesn't, I'd love to hear what browser you're using, etc... so I can try and clear it up.

ninjacore
02-23-2003, 02:42 PM
thats really nice. i like the navigation thing and the colours you have used. :thumbsup:

mage111
02-24-2003, 06:10 AM
Great simple looking, easy to navigate, well layed out, nice color scheme, fast loading, good tunage, damn, i couldnt find anything wrong or not to my liking, specially the music off button now that i got my tunes playing helped great work :-)

oh 1 thing, what country?
Alligence - Modern Media Architects
Mechelen Campus
Schalienhoevedreef 20E
2800 Mechelen

i personally would like to know.

if i said moosejaw Saskatchewan, would you have an idea off the top of your head w/o searching where it is located?

or would everyone rather. you may, but a potential client may not (or depends on who the information is important to)

Xilver
02-26-2003, 12:31 AM
Thanks for all your comments.

Mage, it's located in Belgium. Actually, the purpose of that site was to show my teachers what I had done during my internship at the company. Most people that saw that site, know what and where it is, but ofcourse, I didn't realise that when I posted this here :)

I might update it sooner or later :)

mage111
02-26-2003, 12:50 AM
ah that makes sense, and for that you made a good decision considering as you said it was used to display your internship knowledge i guess.

i retract my critique :D

cyb-ymer
02-28-2003, 12:01 PM
aha, een mede mct'er
very nice work, dont forget your portfolio site is due for next week :)

Xilver
02-28-2003, 12:59 PM
Next week? Ik dacht voor de paasvakantie.
Pff veel te veel werk :)

dark_lotus
02-28-2003, 05:04 PM
Looks pretty cool, though my only complaint would be that you cannot access the main navigation while you are in sections, this makes an extra click for the user.

Remember the less clicks a user has to make the better, I think you should look at maybe moving the main navigation to the left when the page appears.

Apart from that the graphic elements work really well, you have a nice colour scheme and the whole thing is very proffessional.

Great Stuff

piajartist
03-07-2003, 04:53 AM
I think it would be nice to enlarge the flash window perhaps, maybe its just because my pixel resolution is higher.

santiago
03-31-2003, 03:55 AM
nice concept

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.