PDA

View Full Version : waterfront house exterior, tanja voronina (3D)

tvoronina
12-12-2006, 03:50 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/gallerycrits/229286/229286_1165942192_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/gallerycrits/229286/229286_1165942192_large.jpg)

Title: waterfront house exterior
Name: tanja voronina
Software: 3ds max, Photoshop, VRay

hi everybody:) this is the exterior view of the waterfront house at the quay-side in the town where i live.
i've never done a night lighting before, so this is the first attempt to create it - using max and vray. i would appreciate your critics.

Jelmer
12-12-2006, 08:59 PM
is it london maybe? anyways, on topic, the overall scene looks ok but the textures make the whole piece unrealistic i think. The scale seems a little of on some of the tiles, compared to the chairs for example, it's also quite repetitive, there's no dirt at all.
To increase the realism further you should use bump or displacement maps, especially the bigger tiles on the floor look a bit flat. So nice work but just improve those textures and shaders, btw, i like the light shining through the cloth slightly, some sort of SSS or translucensy i guess?

dablik
12-13-2006, 06:01 AM
is it in the evening? because upper part seems to be more lighted (like the sun sun is behind the horizon but there is still light) . And I do agree, road and pathway looks flat. Maybe some bump would help. Edges are too sharp btw. I like the exterior lights under umbrelas :)

mikeldi
12-13-2006, 07:18 AM
Very nice lighting. I agree with Jelmer and dablik, the modelling looks quite flat. I would add more detail to the road, not only bump, but modelling some of the little lines between stones and so... The bottom part of the windown looks untextured also.

I also would add more dirt to all the textures, the floor, the walls, the metal pivots... You could also not use the same texture for the parts of the image that are repeated, this would give the image lot more realism...

But I also agree that the lighting is very nice, goor work, keep on.

CGTalk Moderation
12-13-2006, 07:18 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.