PDA

View Full Version : How Do I Do This Effect?

Red-Qube
02-14-2003, 10:52 PM
at the top right of this image... How do i make that wierd white light thing?
http://images.deviantart.com/large/...ev_beytence.jpg

VestanPance
02-15-2003, 12:25 AM
Bad link.

Red-Qube
02-15-2003, 02:15 AM
o sorry..
http://images.deviantart.com/large/designs/deviantid/dev_beytence.jpg

Ian Jones
02-15-2003, 08:28 AM
erm.. you could do this with either 3dsmax or photoshop.

To put it bluntly... its just like a white spray paint... hence there is a tool called the 'airbrush' in photoshop. Make a new layer and get the airbrush, select white and start trying some shapes, blobs and beams etc. There is no trick or effect, its just difficult to make it look good. That's where your design skills will come in.

JamesMK
02-15-2003, 09:33 AM
Addition to the airbrush suggestion:

Use the path-tool (that li'l pen thingy) and make straight lines, then stroke those using the airbrush with some brush dynamics (size/opacity)

The Cross
02-15-2003, 10:17 AM
Ok i don't know anything about 3DS Max. But perhapse there is a simularity with lighting effects in Max and Maya.

For an effect like that, i would take a point light, then make some modifications to it in the attribute editor, then assign maybe a lineir Halo and give it some star points that are offseted in a 4 digit rotation.

If you can do something like that to your light sources in Max, Then play around with it, and you'll find what your looking for.

kraal
02-15-2003, 05:30 PM
if you want to know how to do it in 3d max then you posted the wrong place ....in photoshop this is what i would do............draw the shape (i usally use the potygon selection tool) fill it with white or what ever color.....the hit it with gausean blur....all this on a seperate layer....

singularity2006
02-16-2003, 05:58 AM
much easier method..... it's called a zoom blur.

Fill the layer with a solid color.
Use the lasso tool to select an organic shape, globbular looking thing.
Feather selection @ max value possible
delete selection
gaussian blur selection @ 2px
radial blur set to zoom @ 70px

there u have it... zoom blur.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.