PDA

View Full Version : charging rhinos!

beej
03-24-2002, 08:39 AM
Sorry! I dont mean to be a post wh#re! especially 'cause I'm new around here & all, but I would really love some feedback (not too many dudes in the compositing section..)

http://www.vfs.com/~bjones/glasshouse_12.mov

here is my first attempt at compositing & visual effects. it was done in combustion & after effects, with 3d elements made in 3dsmax. Im quite proud of it, so check it out & let me know what you think...

thanx,
Bryan.

beej
03-24-2002, 09:47 AM
heres the original plate & one of the comps (i grabbed the wrong frame by mistake; but you get the idea!)

ambassador
03-24-2002, 12:09 PM
nice job, good color match. The subjects sorta simple but since its your first time doing it, good job:wip:

beej
03-24-2002, 12:37 PM
thanks man.

the hardest part were the shadows which made from colour correcting, blurring & warping the original plate.

here is a not so simple shot! its hard to see from the still but i also used a particle system as a displacement map to produce a heat exhaust coming from his head. i modelled the eye shape in 3d & projected the plate onto it & animated a light moving past it to give it depth....

Koma
03-24-2002, 10:09 PM
okay so its not what called a short film its must looklike a music video but its really good !!!

beej
03-25-2002, 01:23 AM
thanks gabe!

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.