PDA

View Full Version : Reactor Softbodies & PFlow Integration

Mathieson
12-11-2006, 11:42 PM
Figured it out.. nevermind!

Thanks everyone

Wicked
12-13-2006, 08:49 AM
Care to share your problem & solution? :)

Mathieson
12-15-2006, 02:49 AM
Sure thing.

Basically, the problem is that Reactor softbodies stores it's animation keyframes within a modifier and applies all animation at sub-object level (if you scrub your timeline while having the soft body selected, you will notice that the pivot stays in place). This means there is no transformation being applied to the actual object. This was causing me a problem when trying to lock to my emitter, among other things related to using this object's tranform information.

At the time I made this thread I was overcomplicating the problem when trying to find a solution. The solution, inside particle flow anyways, is to use "Animated Shape" instead of lock on emitter. There will be a bit of lag on the particles, just turn on subframe sampling to fix this.

I am still not sure how to get an object to link to or constrain to the soft body though. The only thing that seems to work is an attachment constraint because this attaches to a polygon, unlike other constraint/linking methods.

superhypersam
12-15-2006, 07:43 PM
Box set 1 from Orbaz has a lock bond operator that should sort that.

CGTalk Moderation
12-15-2006, 07:43 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.