PDA

View Full Version : Advice required - Matching Levels 3d & live action

amjaffers
12-12-2006, 12:05 AM
Hi there Fusionites,

A question regarding matching levels between 3d renders and live action footage.

The live footage (shot on 35ml) is apparently being delivered (as HD) with a Macbeth (or Color Reference) card shot at the head of each take. The 3d rendered images can be supplied with flat plane with equivalent Macbeth (or Color Refernce Card) mapped (@ 100% Illumination).

Q. My question is, can the White Balance Tool be used to match the levels on 3d rendered images by slecting the White/Grey/Black references on the live action Macbeth card then slecting the destination equivelant on the 3d rendered Macbeth cards.

(After checking the Fusion manual it describes using the Macbeth card to correct incorrectly white balanced live action footage.)

Q. Or would using the Color Corrector Tool (Levels Tab), inputing the live footage as reference then selecting Match be the more appropriate method.

ch33rs in adv,
AJ

amjaffers
12-14-2006, 11:36 PM
Any suggestion?

Like my previous posts, I have searched these forums without success :(

Whelkn
12-15-2006, 12:44 AM
Just use the color corrector node or my personal favorite color gain to match your CG to the high mids and darks of your plate.

amjaffers
12-18-2006, 07:22 AM
yer. thx 8, it sounds like 'by eye' is the way to go.

CGTalk Moderation
12-18-2006, 07:22 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.