PDA

View Full Version : Meet the Robinsons New Musical Trailer ...

RobertoOrtiz
12-11-2006, 09:20 PM
http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/meettherobinsons.html;_ylt=ApZeu7DAkWbdQTXYTlEt_tpfVXcA

-R

Capel
12-11-2006, 09:52 PM
that was funny. ...and oh so true. i hate going to the theater.

Cig74
12-12-2006, 12:53 AM
Who the hell writes this crap?!

Tagi
12-12-2006, 01:58 AM
Who the hell writes this crap?!

someone with more talent than you? oooooo touché! :)

Cig74
12-13-2006, 03:26 AM
someone with more talent than you? oooooo touché! :)

Hardly. I know that I am more than capable of coming up with better ideas than some frogs singing "I heard it through the snack line". I'm sure "Meet the Robinsons" will be a rehash of the same tired jokes and spent plotlines that are infecting the entertainment industry. Thank you for the inspiration. I actually feel like doing something great now.

Tagi
12-13-2006, 05:45 AM
Hardly. I know that I am more than capable of coming up with better ideas than some frogs singing "I heard it through the snack line". I'm sure "Meet the Robinsons" will be a rehash of the same tired jokes and spent plotlines that are infecting the entertainment industry. Thank you for the inspiration. I actually feel like doing something great now.

Great, let's see if you can pull it off. If you believe dissing your peers at disney helps achieve your goals then good luck.

Cig74
12-13-2006, 06:06 AM
I don't think for a second that the artists over at Disney are lacking in the talent department. I'm actually looking forward to "American Dog". It looks like it's going to be really good. What I've seen of this movie doesn't appeal to me. It looks nice but the dialogue, characters, and humor are very stale. Just like a lot of other animated films I've seen lately. I feel that there are few original ideas in the animated mainstream and the artists aren't to blame.

Bonedaddy
12-13-2006, 09:50 AM
Put down the pitchfork and torch. This is aimed at middle-of-the-road families, who may not have exactly the most refined sense of humor out there. I think this'll do just fine with the target audience, which *gasp* may not be you.

Cig74
12-13-2006, 02:50 PM
Put down the pitchfork and torch. This is aimed at middle-of-the-road families, who may not have exactly the most refined sense of humor out there. I think this'll do just fine with the target audience, which *gasp* may not be you.

Well said, Bonedaddy. I have to apologize as I've been a bit grumpy lately due to my attempt at quitting the cigarettes. :scream:

Papa Lazarou
12-13-2006, 06:25 PM
I saw this in the cinema today, and I think it's lame too. It didn't get any reaction from the 'normal' people, so I've no idea what they made of it.

Aruna
12-13-2006, 09:44 PM
Oh? Which theatre? I don't know which 'normal' people are getting to see these early. Maybe a test screening? We had a chance to see the cut before Thanksgiving, and I enjoyed it. It's still WIP, but the content that was there was pretty good. Animation was great, story was cool, though there were definitely some non sequitur moments which were just sorta thrown in. I have a feeling it's going to do well at the box office early next year.

I saw this in the cinema today, and I think it's lame too. It didn't get any reaction from the 'normal' people, so I've no idea what they made of it.

Papa Lazarou
12-14-2006, 12:44 AM
I meant the bit with the frogs singing about turning off the phones. I usually try to gage audience reaction if I'm in a theatre. I have no idea whether the actual film is any good or not, but you can often tell how interested the public is.

Aruna
12-14-2006, 01:15 AM
Ah! I thought you meant the entire film.. My bad.

Digiegg
12-14-2006, 10:05 AM
hahaha... that was the best trailer ever! I loved it.
Looking forward to this one. The previous animation I've seen is superb!!!

CGTalk Moderation
12-14-2006, 10:05 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.