PDA

View Full Version : Can Maya use 3DS Max Satellite?

techmage
12-11-2006, 09:13 PM
Theres a few workstations in the office with Max9 on them and since Max9 automatically installs and configures satellite I was wondering if I can connect to those satellite installations with Maya Mental Ray on my workstation. I haven't got it to work yet, but I've never set up satellite before, so I don't know if this is attributed to my inexperience at setting up satellite or if maya mental ray can't use Max9 satellite. So I'm wondering, has anyone done this and got it work?

ghostlake114
12-12-2006, 06:54 PM
I really interested in this, anyone have chance to make them work ???

mustan9
12-12-2006, 08:03 PM
Just install Maya on those workstations, and you'll be able to use them as satellite nodes.

You could install the third-party extensions of Maya into the Max satellite nodes. You might get it working, but it's not recommend.

From what I've talked to with Autodesk. The MR satellite build for Maya is different from Max. Maya has problems with satellite rendering, and there are work around fixes coded into the MentalRay 3.x that ships with Maya.

So don't mix them.

CGTalk Moderation
12-12-2006, 08:03 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.