PDA

View Full Version : VFX demoReel

RoundRobbin
12-11-2006, 07:52 PM
hey everyone, my reel has been compiled. Let me know whatcha' think
~mo
http://www.freewebs.com/svakiddo/quicktime%5Flink.html (http://www.freewebs.com/svakiddo/quicktime_link.html)

Aikiman
12-13-2006, 08:08 PM
The link has been frozen, can you upload it to RapidShare or something?

RoundRobbin
12-18-2006, 07:59 PM
its back up

Aikiman
12-18-2006, 09:17 PM
good stuff there!

Scob
12-21-2006, 01:29 PM
Huge work man... !!!
Amanzing stuff ..:thumbsup:
Congrats ...

leigh
12-21-2006, 01:51 PM
Your actual work isn't too bad, but the presentation of your reel is very poor. You really need to avoid having spelling mistakes (it's pentagram, not pentogram, for example), and you should at least make some effort with consistency in subtitles and such - use the same font, sizing and placement for information regarding the clips and such. Overall your presentation looks painfully amateur and actually ruins the impact of your reel. These may seem like trivial things but if you're wanting to portray yourself as a professional, then present yourself as one.

The compression on your reel is also horrendous - you can barely make out any details due to the blockiness in the codec, and kinda gives the impression that you're trying to hide things by just making it all thick and blocky. During some parts you can't even see what's going on, like the snow parts - the labels say snow but all you can see is a blurry white mess, and some of the labels are so obscured that it's hard to read them.

Also, find a proper host. Being bombarded by crappy ads before you get to the reel looks very bad and I nearly closed my browser because of them.

Lastly, provide a proper breakdown regarding what your contributions in each shot were (unless you made everything).

Sorry to sound overly negative but you need to work to improve these things!

RoundRobbin
12-21-2006, 05:51 PM
umm, thanks.

yeah i'm just an overall 3d guy. I figured I'de become a professional a little later on in life when things get a bit more comfortable for me. I'm thankful you all liked my work. That means a whole lot.

edit: save target as for best resolution, the streaming video is crap in comparison.
cheers,
M

CGTalk Moderation
12-21-2006, 05:51 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.