PDA

View Full Version : pls check this out...'the glasshouse'

beej
03-24-2002, 08:09 AM
http://www.vfs.com/~bjones/glasshouse_12.mov

here is my first attempt at compositing & video editing. it was done in combustion & after effects, with 3d elements made in 3dsmax. Im quite proud of it, so check it out & let me know what you think...

:buttrock:

phenomorph
03-28-2002, 01:29 AM
I liked it overall, but some sections were just dark and slow, and could have used something. I guess you were going for loneliness and desolation at times, but I found myself wanting to scrub forward... keep us posted with more!

beej
03-28-2002, 04:33 AM
thanks man! i know when i was making it that i felt like i was stretching it a little.. the compression makes it darker too & i dont think that helps. Im glad you dug most of it though.

phatgroovn
03-29-2002, 08:36 PM
I kept waiting for Maynard. Very Tool-esque. I liked the end especially. What about adding a bit of grain just to soften up the edgy video look?

beej
03-30-2002, 02:30 AM
thanks phatgroovn; I am a pretty big fan of tool. I'll give film grain a try before I print my final copy to my demo reel.

-b.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 03:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.