PDA

View Full Version : TP Simple Liquid 1.0

c4d-jack
12-11-2006, 10:49 AM
Hi,

even if it's not Christmas yet, I have a new little TP setup to share: TP Simple Liquid 1.0.

I tried to create something with ThinkingParticles, which behaves like a liquid. The result is like lightyears away from being realistic, but it may be sufficient for lava running down a vulcano, a splotch of porridge, or showing the aftereffect of too much mulled wine ;-)

The setup's concept is the following: Particles that come close to each other will attract each other and follow one another's position. If the distance between those particles becomes too small, they will repulse each other. That way, the particle stream keeps a certain volume but also sticks together, like in reality small drops unify to bigger drops.

The setup and a little demo MOV can now be downloaded from my website:
http://www.c4d-jack.de/html/downloads/dl_exp_particles.html

The ZIP also contains a little visualisation of the concept.

Please don't expect too much. You got to adjust the settings for every scene, and the behaviour is no very realistic. One problem is probably the PDeflector node which seems to apply a great friction to the particles even when the attributes Friction and Surface are set to 0%.

Best regards,
Jack

LemonNado
12-11-2006, 04:51 PM
Thanks for sharing! This will come in handy.
Hope you get some cool presents!
Greetz from NJ
Rainer

Rantin Al
12-11-2006, 07:42 PM
Thanks Jack. Looks like it has potential.
It might get more fluid-like with smaller particles although it would need a lot more.

Must twiddle with it.:D
Cheers, Alan.

pit
12-11-2006, 09:30 PM
"but it may be sufficient for lava running down a vulcano, a splotch of porridge, or showing the aftereffect of too much mulled wine"

LOL

Thanks a lot! Will take it for a spin asap.

Cheers
Pit

mikepop
12-14-2006, 07:04 PM
Thanks for sharing.

Sparkle
12-15-2006, 08:38 AM
I bet that one day this will be useful. Thanks

CGTalk Moderation
12-15-2006, 08:38 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.