PDA

View Full Version : "jumping around" in photoshop when using a wacom

Skjoldbroder
12-11-2006, 10:49 AM
Hiya.

I'm having this problem with an Intuos3 I bought not too long ago - never had the same problem with my old Intuos1. The problem is this: when I'm zoomed in and working in Photoshop, very often it will suddenly 'jump' to another place on the image, say 200pixels left+down or so. Needless to say, this can get EXTREMELY annoying as it interrupts your workflow in an uncontrollable way. As far as I'm aware I have the latest drivers and all that jazz, but I do occasionally get a request to "reinstall the tablet software" (only on this machine, not on my laptop where I also use the tablet, and have the same drivers installed).

So. Have any of you other Photoshoppers encountered this problem, and if so, did you find a solution?

best
/Mogens

DuncanFarrow
12-11-2006, 05:08 PM
I have an Intuos 3 at home and at work - the one at home won't behave properly with the latest drivers, I have to use older versions. The one at work behaves swimmingly with the latest drivers - go figure. Uninstall the latest drivers and try an older set, see if that helps.

PS. I haven't encountered your particular problem.

Skjoldbroder
12-12-2006, 09:32 AM
Heya.
Thanks for the heads-up. I did try installing some older drivers now, without much luck though. The tablet hasn't been playing up so much today, I switched from having it plugged into a USB hub to being plugged straight into the computer - not sure that makes any difference, but I did experience weirdness on other occasions when using a hub.

On the Wacom forums they mention that the Intuos3 tablets take more power than the older ones (makes sense), maybe that, in conjunction with the usb hub, is the reason.

jihoonkim
12-12-2006, 10:01 AM
when i had a CRT. kind of things happpened. I can't express but similiar. however try to away your wacom from monitors or something uselectrical equipments as far as you can. This was one of the way to avoid wacom problem when i use crt and intuous 2.

DuncanFarrow
12-12-2006, 07:20 PM
Plugging into a hub can cause faulty performance especially if the item being plugged requires a powered hub (Plugged in and switched on).

Always plug directly into the computer when possible; for most other occasions use a powered hub, since many usb ports on computers are just powered hubs anyway.

Skjoldbroder
12-13-2006, 01:27 PM
Heya.
Yep, it's now plugged into the motherboard directly (the usb hub I'm using is powered, though) - the problem's still there :( I'm beginning to fear that the actual tablet has a problem, but I'm not quite sure this is the case as no other applications are exhibiting the same behaviour.

One thing that may be messing things up, though.. I have two monitors - the tablet is set up to use a portion of the total desktop area, and set up to only use a percentage of the tablet itself as well (1 screen width, and 1cm padding to the edges of the tablet drawing area). Maybe this has something to do with it?

sigh... I just want the damn thing to work, I'm getting annoyed by being interrupted all the time.

CGTalk Moderation
12-13-2006, 01:27 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.