PDA

View Full Version : Halls of Radamathus

Gusgus
12-11-2006, 06:46 AM
This is my demo level its still a huuuge wip ive got tons of work to do. Right now im gonna post 2 pics of the most completed parts, as i complete other portions of the level ill add more. If you see anything that bugs you lemmie know. This room is taking me a while and theres a whole other portion that i wanna do thats gonna have some awesome assets. What i really need for this portion are some things thatll stand out. I need some WOW assets any ideas would be greatly appriciated. This is the level i want to put my other wip Euridice in.

This is my first single player level, ive made one multiplayer level before. Im still learning alot about UT2004 as i go. One thing i wanna get better at is breaking up the walls, Theirs tons ive gotta do. This level has been the most challenging thing ever lol. When i get enough done ill do a fly through of the level to show it off.

Player Start area:
http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/8936/1op5.jpg

Main Hall:
http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/108/2hx9.jpg

Gamedev
12-11-2006, 07:00 AM
Its looking pretty good, especially for the UT2004 engine. Keep in mind you can use spec and detail maps to break up your surfaces and add more realism. Some coronas on the fires would be nice as well. Going to make this into a fly through movie?

LaughingBun
12-11-2006, 07:50 AM
i dont want to sound harsh, but if this is for a demo map, i would re-think it a bit. Right now it just sort of screams "newbie". While you could add all sorts of atmosphere to make the map work at the moment i dont see that happening. Levels require alot of planning, right now it looks like your just kind of making it as you go and adding alot of pillars everywhere. It looks like alot of community maps that dont have any planning and are just premade mesh objects scattered everywhere.

i think the main problem is something you are already aware of. Its the walls. you have all these pillars scattered around which makes everything have an open-ended look, But its all encompassed by a very static stale enclosure. In order for this map to really work from an atmosphere standpoint you are going to have to model cave walls and celings creeping around the pillars so you get that sense that the pillars are supporting the cave. so they arnt just a bunch of collumns in a room.

CGTalk Moderation
12-11-2006, 07:50 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.