PDA

View Full Version : pixel values at specified frame?

large-x
12-11-2006, 01:05 AM
I am trying to render a 3D scene distorted by a physical change of time. I was wondering if anyone knows a method or hack to get a pixel's rendered value at a specified frame number. This way, I could render time affected by 3D space.

For example, there is a physical point in space (say the center or the scene) where time moves more quickly as an object approaches it (almost like a blackhole would warp something moving to it). If the object then stops moving, it will eventually return back to its normal shape as all the following points in time would depict the same thing.

So instead of post-processing time distortion in 2D, I would like to depict the 3D distortion of time in the scene using depth. It seems most renderers compile frames into static files (rib, xml, etc.) and are inherently unable to sample at any arbitrary time.
Any thoughts on how to accomplish this with rendering or postprocessing? Is there a renderer that can sample any pixel at any specified frame. Sorry if this seems confusing, it's kind of hard to explain. Thanks! :)

CGTalk Moderation
12-11-2006, 01:05 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.