PDA

View Full Version : Texture Problem

jr-20
12-11-2006, 12:24 AM
I have a really urgent problem with maya texture. I'm rendering a small scene with the most of the texture created with Maya shaders, i have a lot of paint effects, and its rendering in maya sofware. when i render it in render visor, the scene is complete, but when i do the Bacth only appeare the paint effects. I need to finish this work, because i need to present it in a week. i'm totally freaked out, need some help. this has never happen.

Sorry for may english

faultymoose
12-11-2006, 12:29 AM
You aren't batch rendering with Mental Ray or Maya Hardware are you? Neither will support PaintFX without first converting to polygons.

jr-20
12-11-2006, 02:21 AM
the problem is that i need to make a video of 720 x 480, and a image in 2k, and for that i need them not to be polys

faultymoose
12-11-2006, 03:07 AM
You cannot render PaintFX in mental ray unless you convert to polygons.

jr-20
12-11-2006, 03:49 AM
I'm rendering with maya sofware. the thing is that when i render the current frame with the "preview" it looks OK, but as need the paint effects to be animated, I need to batch render (still using maya software) and then it is when all my textures go black (missing). I still have the geometry, including displacements, but the color is gone... what could the problem be?

wabash
12-13-2006, 12:08 AM
could it be that you are batch rendering with the wrong camera?
make sure the camera that you want to use has renderable checked.

jr-20
12-13-2006, 03:11 PM
itīs not the camara. two days ago, I look in the first file I created, and has the same problem.

Exo7
12-14-2006, 04:15 AM
Render a composite of your scene, one sequence without pfx and the other with pfx only. You'll composite them together afterwards.

Do a search for Render scenes with Paint Effects strokes in the help search, there is a nice tutorial there (Render_scenes_with_Paint_Effects_strokes.htm).

Just in case, check if you didn't activate "Only render strokes" in "Paint effects rendering options" (render settings).

jr-20
12-16-2006, 02:16 AM
Thanks for all the help. i just render it, rendering in layers. at the end, i lost the shadows of the grass, i will look for a way to take out the attention of that detail.

CGTalk Moderation
12-16-2006, 02:16 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.