PDA

View Full Version : saving scripts

Gord-MacDonald
12-10-2006, 07:14 PM
hi all

Can I incrementally save scripts - of 'save as'?.
I want to build a record of some complex work, which will take multiple sessions to finish.

Gord

DigArts
12-13-2006, 04:18 PM
hi all

Can I incrementally save scripts - of 'save as'?.
I want to build a record of some complex work, which will take multiple sessions to finish.

Gord
I've done incremental scripting, but it's not easy IMO.

A working knowledge of Painter's implementation, how Painter deals with scripting and playback, will help. You can search some of my previous posts for insights for that.

My best recommedation is to turn off "Record Initial State" and manually establish each tool state (selecting and setting the tools you'll be using in the session) before beginning. I won't go into the reasoning other than to say this helps sidestep issues that may otherwise cause the script to fail.

I don't recall all of the other lessons learned, other than keeping it simple. Avoid loading different Pattern, Paper, Brush libraries. That's important too as I recall. Use those changes as your stopping point between sessions instead.

Good luck,
Dennis @ DigArts
http://www.gardenhose.com
Tree & Foliage Paints for Painter, PSP and Photoshop

Gord-MacDonald
12-13-2006, 06:40 PM
Thanks DigArts!

Gord

CGTalk Moderation
12-13-2006, 06:40 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.