PDA

View Full Version : Maya Vector render settings per object?

fxnut
12-10-2006, 05:28 PM
Hi all,

Is there a way of changing the fill options for the Maya Vector render on a per object basis?

I.e. I have some objects I want to use average color on, and others that I'd like to use gradient fills.

Any ideas would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Andy

MrElmo
12-10-2006, 08:53 PM
create different render layers and override your rendersettings by right clicking on, for example, the fill style option and enabling layer override

fxnut
12-11-2006, 07:47 AM
Cool, thanks for that. I'll check it out.

fxnut
12-12-2006, 09:17 PM
Okay, I had a good look around but could find any option for creating an render layer override on a parameter.

You said to just "right click" on the fill option. When I do that I don't get anything appearing - no menu, nothing. I'm doing that in the Render Globals panel, is that the wrong place to be doing it?

Thanks

Andy

maxwater
12-12-2006, 09:22 PM
take a look at your shaders... there is a vector renderer override option

fxnut
01-05-2007, 12:35 PM
Unfortunately, there isn't in the version of Maya that I'm using!

Never mind, thanks for your help anyway. I ended up separating it all into layers and manually rendering them out with their own settings. I'm sure there must be a better way of doing it, but at least it got the job done.

Thanks.

CGTalk Moderation
01-05-2007, 12:35 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.