PDA

View Full Version : blue screen footage and vue 5

thedoc
12-10-2006, 01:38 PM
Hey there,

I am a vue five user (infinite) and i am working on a music video where the subject needs to be comped into a forest. I know i can do this in aftereffects or a compositor and slip the Bitmap plate behind but i what if i want 3D animation in vue?

Is there a way to place my video plate in vue?

buttachunk
12-11-2006, 01:50 AM
Nqobizitha,

in the atmosphere editor, go to the environment mapping tab. try your picture in there.

if that doesn't work for you, create a plane (shift+p) and apply your footage to the plane as your background.

EDIT; also try this; in Objects go to 'pick tracked parent' and select your camera. The plane will track your camera.

thedoc
12-12-2006, 01:46 PM
Nqobizitha,

in the atmosphere editor, go to the environment mapping tab. try your picture in there.

if that doesn't work for you, create a plane (shift+p) and apply your footage to the plane as your background.

EDIT; also try this; in Objects go to 'pick tracked parent' and select your camera. The plane will track your camera.

will try this... have you? i really need working solutions

Blaine91555
12-13-2006, 04:15 AM
Try asking on the board at E-on. Some helpful folks there as well.

buttachunk
12-13-2006, 06:40 AM
yes I've tried the above, in Vue and other apps.

"i really need working solutions"

you are asking about adding a background photo, right ? there are only so many ways you can do this... 3 of the ways are listed above.

thedoc
12-13-2006, 09:05 AM
no no,

I'd like to insert the blue screened keyed Targa sequence with an alpha channel into vue... that's what i wanna do... thanks for the help though... think you can try again?

IvanB
12-13-2006, 11:22 AM
Hi Doc,

If I'm understanding you correctly...Go to your atmosphere editor, and pretty much turn everything down and remove clouds etc, and double click on your sky colour map and select a solid blue or green...OR load a plane, position it behind your objects and render.

I have a video tute where I have made the background black and rendered an image sequence and an alpha sequence and comp'd in Lightwave.

Video (http://www.esnips.com/doc/b3fa9396-e4bc-4c84-b11b-3e408f719582/LW_Vue_5_-Image-Sequence)

About half way through the video...See if any of this helps.

Ivan.

videodv
12-13-2006, 02:11 PM
no no,

I'd like to insert the blue screened keyed Targa sequence with an alpha channel into vue... that's what i wanna do... thanks for the help though... think you can try again?

Use an Alpha Plane - you can import both your colour chanel and alpha chanel into that, tick the billboard option to allways face the camera.

CGTalk Moderation
12-13-2006, 02:11 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.