PDA

View Full Version : What is this? Digital or Traditional image?

LunaticuMaster
12-09-2006, 11:19 PM
If i draw traditionaly one half of a face and in photoshop duplicate it and make the other head... Would that still be traditional image or ?

Intervain
12-09-2006, 11:26 PM
I'd say it's digital since the majority of digital images usally start as traditional scanned in... and just aside - making half the head would work with 3d but I'm not quite sure it will look normal in 2d though, the symmetry will kill it, you need some variety...

anyway my 50 cents :)

Rebeccak
12-10-2006, 12:26 AM
Yeah, I agree :) - I think once something hits the scanner, it's essentially digital art. ;) One thing I find interesting is that most people in the world experience art through a reproduction - be it in a book, notecard, poster, etc. - a small percentage actually go out to the museums to see the real thing. I think that's something interesting to consider in the digital age, where we're now tailoring our art for direct digital consumption. Eg., the 'reproduction' is the experience itself. :)

T-Scholes
12-11-2006, 06:05 AM
It's a hybrid monster.

But yeah, once you've taken advantage of what makes digital 'easier' you've gained yourself the digital moniker.

CGTalk Moderation
12-11-2006, 06:05 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.