PDA

View Full Version : Out of ideas :( Help!

Suirebit
12-09-2006, 02:58 PM
I am not satisfied with the composition, I am not satisfied with the lightning, I am not satisified with the level of detail, yet I'm out of ideas...:( What I need now is your fresh eye and suggestions, so please help me out to improve this image!

Any kind of suggestion is appreciated but I want especially ideas related to details (boats? Village?) and lightning.

Thanks in advance!

http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/7316/evergreenab1.jpg

Velarion
12-09-2006, 08:52 PM
I think the main problem here is the lighting.The lighting of the terrain and the sky don't match very much.The sky is too colorful I think I don't know, a cloudy sky would be better.And if you put fortress or village like things on the right side of the painting a better composition you'll have.And don't forget to put more realistic stream texture.Good luck:thumbsup:

Onder
12-09-2006, 09:25 PM
First of all i love the composition. Mountains are very welcome by their way. I agree with Valeron. main problem is lighting on sun, softer will be better and it gives real dust feeling. we can easily see sun around that haur, not that much lighter. Why not make the birds flock bigger a little bit ?

Suirebit
12-10-2006, 09:38 AM
Thanks for the insight :)

mrgoodbyte
12-10-2006, 03:00 PM
If you'd be wanting to add details, such as those examples you gave us you need to go back to the initial idea you had for this image. What kind of era are we talking about, what kind of creatures would live here. How do they live, is it peace time or war time? Thinking about these will help you get ideas.

Hidden near the sun burst I believe I see a Mayan temple/pyramid, how about doing some more research on Mayan culture in general? For example on wikipedia, just now, I found a section on architecture and more specifically the building materials needed for these buildings: limestone, taken from local quarries. There's an idea for you.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maya_architecture

When you're in need for ideas analyze what you already have and how those elements in real life would have been created, or why they would have been created like that.

-Ronald

Suirebit
12-10-2006, 06:29 PM
Thanks Ronald, very helpfull :)

JJASSO
12-10-2006, 08:32 PM
hi, well I think the most important thing here is composition, if the pyramid ( wich has a wrong perspective) is the focal node , it is out of place, try a rules of thirds composition image, throw some perspective lines before putting any kind of architecture

CGTalk Moderation
12-10-2006, 08:32 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.