PDA

View Full Version : Rx-8 Wip

nofxsapunk
12-08-2006, 10:18 PM
Hey guys, I wanted to post a project I am currently working on. This is a WIP model of a Mazda RX-8 that i am using to test out other features in maya. This animation is a quick playblast. This animation has ZERO key frames on position(it constantly checks where the model is in object space), the only key frames are on the steering wheel and gas pedal. The steering of the car is actually controlled by the steering wheel, the speed of the car is controled by how hard you press on the gas, and wheels/tires rotate faster when the gas pedal is pushed down harder, and the faster the car goes the more spin off particles come off the wheels. Comments and crits are more then welcomed.

the file is only 614 KB

www.polartsunami.com/Andrew/WIP/car2.avi

nofxsapunk
12-11-2006, 03:03 PM
wow, its been a few days and still no crits?

Dennispls
12-11-2006, 03:11 PM
Erhm there are a few things that bothered me.
- The speed is unrealisticly fast
- The movement is not realistic (for example i dont see the wheels turn or spin.)
Try to improve those points and keep on trying it looks too simple right now

ngrava
12-11-2006, 05:33 PM
Interesting. So, this is mostly just to show the expressions that you made? Usually, when no one replies, it doesn't necessarily mean that they don't like it. ;) Anyway, just keep posting your progress. You need to Bank/roll the car as it turns and the back needs to slip a bit at the big turn in front of the camera. Also, the particles seem a bit over done but it's definitely good start. Are they somehow tied into the expressions as well?

sinanolmez
12-11-2006, 10:10 PM
Try place car on a simple plane or ground with different color.

CGTalk Moderation
12-11-2006, 10:10 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.