PDA

View Full Version : moving parts (components) of Adove apps out of C:\... can it be done?

rybeck
12-08-2006, 09:44 PM
It may not a common question, but I am facing some issues with my HDD space, so here I am...
My question is if it is possible to "relocate" or "eleminate" parts (components) of Adove apps from C:\ (where my OS located).
I cusomized my HDD as having extra folder (in different partition directory) holding most of Applications. Althugh I force to locate apps into the extra folder during the instllation, some of components seems to be forced to place them back into the C:\ (i.e. Adobe Bridge, Adobe help center, etc...)
Say, I don't use Adobe Bridge at all, and I was thinkging of just throwing to Recycle Bin for sake of saving HDD space... but I'd like to hear from other's suggestion first...

Any suggestion would be appreicated...
Thanks.

Collember
12-08-2006, 09:52 PM
How big is ur HD? i suggest just getting another HD u can get 200gb for like $150 lol

rather than spending all this time trying to move application data around - which could harm the opperation of the software.

With my setup, i only have a 200gig HD and cant remember the exact space allocations, but C: has 15gb, games is 20gb, Programs is 14gb (i thought this be a good size, until i put all my programs on and then i had 10gb remaining >< lol) then 10gb for installers, and the rest is data

My C: only has lil progs i dont really care about and whatever files are required to be installed by other programs

rybeck
12-08-2006, 10:15 PM
Collember,

Thanks for quick responce...

Yes, I agree that I need extra HDD in near future, but I just can't pass this kind of stuff (I'm a sort of control freak... lol) Also, I do not like to go thru reformatting my HDD at this time, since I am in middle of making portfolio... So I am looking for possible getting around solution... lol
By the way, I am keeping my C:\ with 5GB in its capacity, and 15 % or more free space availabe... Actually keep it in such small size helped to me to dig up unneccssary files away for awhile, but growing collection of Apps keep chanllenging me...

BlueFlare
12-09-2006, 05:39 PM
How big is ur HD? i suggest just getting another HD u can get 200gb for like $150

That's a really old price. Recently I bought a 320GB Seagate for less than $100.

CGTalk Moderation
12-09-2006, 05:39 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.