PDA

View Full Version : Problem with MR

YunusAltay
12-08-2006, 06:50 PM
Hi, i am new to mental ray renderer (not new to max) and i have this problem with my second MR rendering.
I am working on an interior scene. Everything seems to be fine during the final gather calculations but after it starts the rendering i get several red squares scattered around the image.
i used several photometric lights and daylight system. Logaritmic exposure control is on. Final Gather is medium quality, and GI is also on. Scene is around 35000 polygons. I used mostly arch&design materials and few standard max materials. Anyone has encountered a similar problem? what may be the reason for this and can it be fixed?
btw i can post a picture of my scene but i am not sure how to link it here,
thanks......

Dashkevicz
12-09-2006, 02:29 AM
I found that the "fast interpolation" option created problems like that on some objects. Disableing it helped. Try that.

YunusAltay
12-09-2006, 08:19 AM
hmm.. i did turn on fast interpolation on most arch&des.materials... will try disabling this. thanks

CGTalk Moderation
12-09-2006, 08:19 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.