PDA

View Full Version : Stupid problem in ImageReady

hdnine
12-08-2006, 05:18 PM
I'm going through the roof soon. I have an original webpage design that i made in Photosshop (PS) to later edit and save as tables in ImageReady (IR). In the design i created som image maps with the functions available but could never get the web page to look and act the way i wanted. I also realized that the design was just to big and went on to make it smaller and this is where i encountered some annoying problems.

After finishing the design of the second web page i brought it into IR and wanted to create new slices and image maps. The problem is that the old ones still seem to be in affect so when i delete these, IR tries to change my whole design into what it once looked like and thus distorting it completely.

Second design when brought into IR (observe the old image maps on the right):
http://www.wonderworks.se/online/ir_problem01.jpg

It reverts back to the original layout when deleting all image maps:
http://www.wonderworks.se/online/ir_problem02.jpg

So as you can understand, this is drving me nuts. There doesn't seem to be any other option than to rework the whole design after deleting the image maps but just in case there is, i wanted to ask here if any of you bright people have the solution i need?

With regards,
Krister Nielsen
Sweden

MikeS369
12-10-2006, 01:30 AM
Try saving you new file with a different name (not the same name as the old file) in Photoshop. Close the file and reopen it in PS then send it to IR.

I'm no expert but there may be some type of memory caching going on.

Hilt
10-04-2007, 10:13 AM
This must be my personal record on resurrecting ancient threads..

However I've worked last six hrs trying to get a simple layout change sent to IR, in vain. I've saved the file in PS as .psd and .tif, reopened the file, converted it back to .psd (from .tif) and whatever. PS CS2 is an amazing application, I can not believe it remembers the old layout when sending it to IR.

Is there a way to delete all the cache in PS/IR or does it save some slices info to the file itself even after converting it back and forth?

Help me pls, I really dont feel like reinstalling the whole lot just because I need to use IR for twenty minues:(

EDIT: Took the file to collegue's computer with PS7 and threw it to IR. Same problem. So it's apparent that the problem is in .psd saving some unneeded information. Dont think it's possible to remove all the trash information from the .psd?

EDIT2: Created a null file and transferred the file there. That did the trick. Stupid .psd... :banghead:

CGTalk Moderation
10-04-2007, 10:13 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.