PDA

View Full Version : Animating Shape Instance - Scale attribute?

K-Solo
12-08-2006, 05:46 PM
Hey guys

I've been trying to animate the scale attribute within the Shape Instance of my Event. But I can't seem to animate it. I set an auto key and it does not work. For what I'm doing, I have particles emit from an object. But after a certain amount of frames, I want the particles to scale back within the object (which is why I'm trying to animate the scale percentage). I think this would work much better than animating the visibility (which I havent done yet since thats not what I'm trying to do).

But feel free to give me any advice/suggestions regardin my dilemma. thanx!!

OlegB
12-08-2006, 08:57 PM
You cannot animate scale parameter in Shape Instance operator - it is not animatable. You need to add Scale operator, and animate scale factor. Read docs on the Scale operator - the options (Absolute vs. Relative etc.) are tricky but give you a lot of flexibility on how to scale a particle.

Thanks,
Oleg B.

K-Solo
12-08-2006, 09:09 PM
You cannot animate scale parameter in Shape Instance operator - it is not animatable. You need to add Scale operator, and animate scale factor. Read docs on the Scale operator - the options (Absolute vs. Relative etc.) are tricky but give you a lot of flexibility on how to scale a particle.

Thanks,
Oleg B.

Thank you so much for your response! I'll try that out. Thanks again!!

CGTalk Moderation
12-08-2006, 09:09 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.