PDA

View Full Version : Physique/skin hands oddities

Gibbz
02-14-2003, 04:50 AM
okie this is really bizzare and been a problem for about 1 week now :\ when i use physique modifier to skin the hands i get serious issues, but now ive jsut discovered the skin modifier is perfect, is there anyway to maunally assign each vert and weights with the skin modifier in 3ds max 5.1???

chrisdejoya
02-14-2003, 05:55 AM
hey man, i haven't used max 5.1, just 5. don't think there are any major differences in the skin modifier though, so...

on the Skin modifier parameters rollout, check 'vertices'
now you should be able to select vertices as you normally would...
select an envelope you want to assign vertices to, then select the verts you want to weight...
under 'Weight Properties' type in a weight value from 0-100 (100 having the most influence obviously)

p.s. you may be posting in the wrong forum. try 3ds max or skinning next time. good luck!

Gibbz
02-14-2003, 05:56 AM
i got it, i jsut have to use the skin odifier, not the physique this time around for some odd reason, but its not important now ;)

Kaz
02-14-2003, 07:19 PM
painting weights with "skin" is a little easier. to me at least

Gibbz
02-14-2003, 10:12 PM
nah i find it does wonrk to well, i just prefer to select the verts, then give them a value..

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.