PDA

View Full Version : Joints and Bones inside of one polygonal model.

Khid
12-08-2006, 02:58 AM
Say you had one large polygonal model you built from one single polygon (extruding, knifing, etc.). If you seperated the head and all of the joints into different Set Selections, could you rig the Set Selections and attach controllers, etc?

Still new to this modelling thing. The tutorials seemed to be comprised of multiple parts, where-as I ended up creating a head and neck from one polygon.

LucentDreams
12-08-2006, 03:39 AM
Little confused here. As son as you cut a single polygon its no longer a single polygon. do you simply means its one solid mesh of polygons? Yes you can use selection sets if you use bones, if you use r10's joints based system you must use weights, which affect points.

connected or not, as long as there are points you can modify them with bones/joints.

Khid
12-08-2006, 03:43 AM
Little confused here. As son as you cut a single polygon its no longer a single polygon. do you simply means its one solid mesh of polygons? Yes you can use selection sets if you use bones, if you use r10's joints based system you must use weights, which affect points.

connected or not, as long as there are points you can modify them with bones/joints.

That's what I was asking. Thanks for coming to the rescue again Lucent. I really think that one thing that C4D newcomers could benefit from is a big-ass Manual from Maxon. I'll have to pick up some books this weekend.

And you were right: I have been modelling with points, extrude, and bridge souly and I find it easier for me. So that's what I meant about a single polygon. But I think I meant a solid mesh of polygons.

CGTalk Moderation
12-08-2006, 03:43 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.