PDA

View Full Version : About Depth Atmosphere Effect

ozioz
12-08-2006, 01:17 AM
OK guys. Here is my question;

As you know when we render our scenes in Vue, whatever the settings are ( preview, broadcast,bla bla.. ) Vue always tends to render the scenes with a depth effect. It means that the closer objects are more clear and the farther objects are not as clear as the closer objects are.. It appears like a fog effect but it is not an environment fog .. I hope you guys understand what I am talking about...

How can I turn this effect off??

I do not wanna have it in my VUE scenes ( It is a great effect but still I have to try something..)

I looked at the option diolog box and was able to see nothing. ( or am I blind?? )

Best regards;
Ozioz

IvanB
12-08-2006, 06:53 AM
Hey Ozioz,

The only thing i can think of is to turn down all the FOG and HAZE settings in the atmosphere editor, that should give you a clear scene.

ozioz
12-08-2006, 02:39 PM
Thank you Ivan.

I saw those settings in the Atmosphere Editor Diolog Box. But I did not change the defult values of the sliders. I don't know why?? I am gonno play with them and hopefully they will work.

See you son..

userBrian
12-09-2006, 01:06 AM
IvanB- oohhh...yeah! I'm gonna try those atmosphere settings for my hazy chamber in the Eon trailer challenge! And thanks for your tutorials in getting me up to speed for this challenge, as I just got vue for it! Oh, but wait- I don't have any regular atmosphere there... I just made a volumetric fog chamber...so will those atmosphere settings work? Hmm...I'm deep in it learning modo right now too...another question- is it possible to make an animated proceedural in-your-face snow storm in vue- would you use nodes to animate textures? Thanks for any help!

IvanB
12-09-2006, 01:53 AM
Hi People,

Your welcome,

I'm sure you can add, increase, decrease all the fog and haze etc in any atmosphere.

I'm not that good with the function editor, But I would do something like add clouds or fog etc, then place something like a sphere or planes with a texture, and animate the texture over time...I think there might be some tutes on creating a snow storm...I'll have a look, and get back to ya.

Ivan.

userBrian
12-09-2006, 01:56 AM
IvanB- Yes, i think we are on the same scent- we'll get back tomorrow!

IvanB
12-09-2006, 02:14 AM
Hi Brian,

I have found a tute...Its one I purchased from Asilefx...You pretty much setup a cylinder and in the function editor create a couple of noise node and change it to dots, play with the settings ( shadows off, up the luminosity) and animate on the Y axis, then clone a whole buch of them to get your snow falling, along with fog and haze etc...I kind of feel like I would be ripping them off if I made a video tute....Hopefully there is a free one out there...Sorry.

Ivan.

userBrian
12-09-2006, 02:39 AM
IvanB- Thanks...I'll try to do that after some research. I just looked at Asilefx- Which bundle is that tutorial in?

IvanB
12-09-2006, 07:34 AM
Hey Brian,

Its Vue5 Advanced vol 3....Keep searching for a free tute if you can, cos this video cost $45..Its pretty good, but bit expensive.

Ask around in the e-on, cornucopia and renderosity forums...someone might be able to help out.

Ivan.

Blaine91555
12-13-2006, 05:28 AM
Ivan,
Your honesty is refreshing :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
12-13-2006, 05:28 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.