PDA

View Full Version : Sasquatch Hair Styles

Angelus26
02-14-2003, 02:38 AM
Hi all,

I'm currently modeling a female character in Lightwave and have finally gotten around to doing the hair with Sasquatch.

I'm wondering, are there any good Sasquatch resources on the net or a Sasquatch community somewhere? Any good tuts or sample files of anything other than those dealing with how to make a basic bob?

I really don't want my character to have that really simple/dated Final Fantasy Aki Ross style hair, it looked kinda 90's.

But... I'm not a hair dresser so some tips would help.

The Worley demo files are good and all but the hair styles ain't that modern, nor is the Aitken one, none of them are really young girl hair styles. I don't want to resort to polygons for the hair.

Yeah, so has anyone out there made an cool hairstyles with Sasquatch, anyone had success with it?

It's a cool plugin, just wish there was more resources.

illustrativ
02-14-2003, 02:51 AM
i dont know about sasquash, but u can check out about saslite on this thread.

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43253

Angelus26
02-14-2003, 06:49 AM
Thanks, that helps a little, though it's more related to motion, and I'm just looking to build the hair at the moment.

I guess I'm just going to have to study some hair styles and build the guides based on that, not looking forward to this rather painstaking process, especially as I need to make quite long, Shakira-ish hair. Man I wish these things could be made less time-consuming, oh well, off to work;)

Meshbuilder
02-14-2003, 07:46 AM
Have you seen this?
http://www.worley.com/media/examples/sas/Gallery/hairtests.jpg

This the best Sasquach hair examples I have seen..

Ohhh sorry.. I just reread you post and you wanted long hair.. Sorry about that..

webfox
02-14-2003, 07:59 AM
Have you tried buying some magazines on women's hair styles?

It sounds like you have the basics down, but need to know what you are modeling toward. The only way to do that is to have reference material.

Once you have that, it's not hard to build the guides.

Good luck on your project.

:thumbsup:

Angelus26
02-15-2003, 02:24 AM
Thanks for the helps guys, those worley examples look great, I'm aiming for that quality only longer, maybe I'll even have time for a protein pack and some color;)

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.