PDA

View Full Version : wire and Blendshapes

S E D A H
02-14-2003, 02:34 AM
how l can mix Blendshapes and wire lve try it and the wire never follow the blendshapes ........................l want the wire follow my blendshapes to get a nicer look to exagerate the movement and and got more control on the facial animation...........
Thx for help

seasterling
02-14-2003, 05:18 AM
Make blendshapes for your wire and its base and connect the wires blendshapes to your mesh blendshapes so they will both deform from a single control. Then you can play with the wire for another layer of deformation.

-sam

actarus6
02-17-2003, 06:50 PM
And how does it works?

Please I must rig a character whith this but I don't know what they are and (obviously) how they works!!!!:rolleyes:

PLease

Bye

john_homer
02-17-2003, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by actarus6
And how does it works?

Please I must rig a character whith this but I don't know what they are and (obviously) how they works!!!!:rolleyes:

PLease

Bye

blendShapes are explained in the printed manuals as well as the online docs...

SEDAH: have you considered using the curves as influence objects rather than wire deformers? it could possibly give you a lot bore control over weighting... just a thought ;)

.j

S E D A H
02-17-2003, 11:56 PM
john_homer ya thx l never think of that great idea
THx

seasterling
02-18-2003, 12:24 AM
You'll get some real funky behavior out of curves as influence objects though if you use components. Try it on a simple object first and you'll see what I mean. This may or may not cause a problem depending on what you want to do. Something to look out for before you spend a bunch of time though. I logged a suggestion case with A/W regarding this btw.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.