PDA

View Full Version : First Photoshop Painting- Unfinished

TheDemiurge
12-06-2006, 07:47 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/XIsraelX/Unfinished.jpg

This is my first big project painting in photoshop. I know the perspective of the floor, and the overall background itself is funky. So any sugestions on what to do/how to fix it would be lovely. The main theme of the image is a "flashy double suicide." Any other advice/criticism is welcome too. Thanks.

SmallPoly
12-07-2006, 01:32 AM
Hi, TheDemiurge.

For a suicide scene, some of the questions you might try asking yourself are "who are these people?" "why did they commit suicide?" "what is the signifigance of it being a double suicide?" "what method did they use to commmit suicide and where can I find photos of similar looking things that I can study?" "how can I show some of the answers to these questions in the painting without giving too much of the mystery of those deaths away?" "how long have they been dead?" "where are they and how does that relate to how they commited suicide?" "what other things are in my painting and where can I obtain photos of them to study?"

Even if you can only answer a few of them, they should help to guide your progress and give cohesiveness to your painting. As you continue working, you will likely figure out the answers to some of the questions and come up with more on your own.

kooooopie
12-07-2006, 04:32 AM
Great piece. One small suggestion with the floor. You may wanna consider tapering off the lines as they travel away from the viewer, into the depth of your image. I.e. make the lines narrower the further they are from the viewer. I love this piece and look forward to seeing how it develops.

TheDemiurge
12-07-2006, 02:24 PM
Thanks guys, I'll try not to dissapoint when its finished.

Velenosangue - Ill think about all those things as i continue to work on my image, the guidlines you gave me should help out alot. Thanks.

Darkminds - Thanks for posting, ive been trying to figure out the best way at tackling those lines thinning out in the background. I might go with a toatally different background, since that one isnt doing much for me. ><

Dakanmerangrydorf
12-11-2006, 07:44 PM
Love this peice and I think you should post the newer version with the floor in perspective. Its progressing nicely.

Hmooboi06
12-12-2006, 03:57 AM
Whoa Ryan...
Nice piece of work u got...
keep it up...
can't wait to see the final...

TheDemiurge
12-13-2006, 02:51 PM
Okay so here is the newer version, still working on it. Not too happy with the shadows yet, but its comming along. I decided to drop the tile floor it was driving me crazy. Not sure what to call the new floor, some weird rock formation?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/XIsraelX/CompArtFinal.jpg

SmallPoly
12-13-2006, 03:52 PM
Hi, TheDemiurge.

Great improvements. The background is much more interesting now..it reminds me of a bit of obsidian and also nicely contrasts the lighter bodies of the two characters. The shading is much improved as well.

Ryu327654
12-13-2006, 06:47 PM
Good improvements glade you changed the floor.

kyuketsuki
12-15-2006, 02:22 PM
I think this piece has improved very much but I still see a few issues. Don't be afraid to add some tight detail, most parts still have that soft look, don't be afraid to commit to shading. The only other thing is that the skin tone seems somewhat dead (Yeah, I know, they are dead), I think they need more blues in low blood areas and more reds in high blood areas.

Hope this helps.
Cheers

pixyfearie
12-16-2006, 01:46 AM
i agree about skin tone but i still think you did WAY better than i can do. also the blood really does need the sharp highlights where the flower shines on them ( haha most people are gunn be like what flower?) but anyways hell yea this is awesome

CGTalk Moderation
12-16-2006, 01:46 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.