PDA

View Full Version : Mental ray Shadow Maps maya 8 wierd!!

Hans-CC
12-06-2006, 06:16 PM
Hi , i dont think this is normal but when i activate the mr shadow map and tweek the settings in one spotligth all my spots in the scene uses the same values if i go and change one the other ones has the same values , is there any way to correct this ?

Thanks

Hans

ftaswin
12-06-2006, 09:12 PM
sounds like you have many instanced spotlights. Watch your duplicate settings

Hans-CC
12-06-2006, 10:45 PM
sounds like you have many instanced spotlights. Watch your duplicate settings

no at all i have manually created each one !! but the result is allways the same!!
the strange thing is that only happens in the mr shadow map settings.

thanks

Riccardo
12-11-2006, 07:17 PM
that's true!

I'm just experiencing the same problem! I open maya, I setup a spotlight with shadowmaps for MR, then another light, and whenever i tweak the settings the othar light share the same settings!!!

And moreover, if i make another scene and create a light with shadowmaps, it get the settings from the previous maya session, and even if i change them in the attribute editor, the render doesn't change, it even doesn't render any shadow!!!

Hans-CC
12-12-2006, 04:17 AM
that's true!

I'm just experiencing the same problem! I open maya, I setup a spotlight with shadowmaps for MR, then another light, and whenever i tweak the settings the othar light share the same settings!!!

And moreover, if i make another scene and create a light with shadowmaps, it get the settings from the previous maya session, and even if i change them in the attribute editor, the render doesn't change, it even doesn't render any shadow!!!

yea i cant do anything with it ,its always the same problem , probably some bug like the area ligth one ,but its really annoying!!!

Hans

Ash-Man
12-12-2006, 05:58 PM
one thing I noticed though.

you can use Maya settings to trasfer it to mr shadow settings
not really the best solution...but might just do the job

magsnus
12-18-2006, 03:51 AM
use mel commands to set the attributes and it works, for example:

string $allObj[] = `ls -sl`;
for ($obj in $allObj){
setAttr ($obj + ".smapResolution") 512;
setAttr ($obj + ".smapSamples") 1;
setAttr ($obj + ".smapSoftness") 0.01;
}

CGTalk Moderation
12-18-2006, 03:51 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.