PDA

View Full Version : Masking and Aliasing Problem with FUSİON

ozioz
12-06-2006, 05:48 PM
Hi Folks;

I have been trying to composite an image that is gonno be the visulation of three buildings. Fusion is great and has always been my favorite tool. But for this particular project , I ran into a problem with aliasing and masking.

I have three pictures; sky, buildings and trees. Trees and buildings images are tiff so that they will always store their own Alpha informations. All the images rendered in "max" and "Vue" with 800&600 resalutions and enough antialiasing.

But When I began to attach them to each other using "Merge" tool, something unusual happened and surprised me so much. The edges of my buildings became very bad. I turned the merge tool off and they looked good again but I have to use Merge in order to join these three pictures each other.

The other problem is about masking. I Used a lower resalution image and masking worked correctly. When I used the higher resalution version of it,which has a good anti-aliasing, boundaries of the trees turn into white color and actually it was not a correct masking.

I send you an image that shows you What I mean with these two problems..

Hope I have been able to express What I wanna say..

See you soon..

Best Regards;
Ozioz

PeterSanitra
12-07-2006, 06:57 AM
Render the trees as saparete layer on black background, save as 32 bit TGA with alpha and premultiply on. In Fusion on the loader node turn on post multiply with alpha.
Or you can also use matte control node to fix this problem.

ozioz
12-07-2006, 11:07 PM
Thank you PeterSanitra;

I am gonno give it a try. I have noticed that I did not rendered my tree scene with a black background. It was rendered in Vue and there was en effective sky texture on the background. I'll render it againg without any clouds or colors. I hope It'll make a difference. Having a good composition is so important for me because Some clients may want me to create a picture with trees and grasses. I cannot render such a scene like that due to having time and hardware constraints. I also remember that I saved my images as "tiff" format.I will change the file format and fill you in about you what will have changed...

By the way;

What about the image in the middle of the others that I sent you guys??

Why the edge of the building did appear like that after applying the merge tool??

Is there any solution for those edges?

Best Regards;
Ozioz

buttachunk
12-09-2006, 11:25 PM
yes, go into tools/matte and select matte control.

this will give you tools for controlling matte edges.

before you try blurring or shrinking the matte, try 'post multiply matte' (in the bottom left corner of matte tools, or 'post multiply matte' in the loader controls- common controls section (the tab with a round yellow botton)).

CGTalk Moderation
12-09-2006, 11:25 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.