PDA

View Full Version : Ghosttrain (PeruRail), Oliver Wende (3D)

shennie
12-06-2006, 01:54 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/gallerycrits/194002/194002_1216396932_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/gallerycrits/194002/194002_1216396932_large.jpg)

Title: Ghosttrain (PeruRail)
Name: Oliver Wende
Software: CINEMA 4D, Photoshop

hi guys ... this is a project I'm working on atm. originally this pic was just a preview. actually the scene consists of a lot more than just this train but I thought it looks quiet nice ... so I made this little scene and called it "ghosttrain" ... the background is a matte painting with ps ... all in all the environment should be a bit scary to underline the title :)

hope u like it ...

jtaddei
12-06-2006, 10:25 PM
i like how you didn't overdue it on the rain... just enough to shine through the lights and that's really all you need.

You did a nice job and it's not my composition but if I had found myself working on this image I probably would have added a little bit of fog to the foreground and some disturbed fog in the mid ground showing the train "breaking through" it. But hey, we aren't the same people - you still did a cool job.

elnady
12-07-2006, 01:17 AM
Great work!

I like that kind of work,nice lighting ,althoug the train surface dosen't look wet
and the ground texture need more bump
Really nice mode
i like it alot :)

Avi B
12-07-2006, 04:26 AM
Really nice, the background lightnings is superbly done .

shennie
12-07-2006, 07:06 AM
thanks for comments guys :)

@elnady ... ur right, there could be more bump. may be dislacement would have been are better choice...

greets

shennie
12-08-2006, 11:20 AM
[update]

I decided to make a little ps makeover to gain more details on the train ... I added cables and bloodstaines to make it a real ghosttrain ;) hope u like it even more.

greets

Laloles
12-12-2006, 06:04 PM
Hi Oliver

I like your work in blue composition and that lighting looks great, that PeruRail is impressive. The real PeruRail is a fantastic way to discover the ancient land of Incas' Empire, taking you through of outstanding beauty an to places almost (really) inaccessible by any another means.

Good Work!!! and have a nice day. :applause:

shennie
12-13-2006, 06:40 AM
Hi Oliver

I like your work in blue composition and that lighting looks great, that PeruRail is impressive. The real PeruRail is a fantastic way to discover the ancient land of Incas' Empire, taking you through of outstanding beauty an to places almost (really) inaccessible by any another means.

Good Work!!! and have a nice day. :applause:

ahhh, someone from peru :) if u like it then it can't be that wrong...

may be one day I can afford a trip, we'll see... greets from germany :)

CGTalk Moderation
12-13-2006, 06:40 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.