PDA

View Full Version : Best Way to Take a Screenshot

dmdude
12-05-2006, 10:10 PM
Hey. I'm still very much an amateur when it comes to cg, so I apologize. Anyways, I was wondering what the best way for taking a screenshot of a model and/or texturing on Maya would be. I've been just doing shift, print screen then pasting it on photoshop mostly. I also have rendered some of my stuff but I have the problem of my renders having a black background. Also if I try to use the snapshot option in the render window it switches the rendered image to a wireframe and doesn't ask me to save it. So what should I do? I am using Maya 8.0 if that helps. Thanks.

thatoneguy
12-05-2006, 10:48 PM
Render out as a *.png file. When you load it into photoshop the background should be gone and you can comp away.

Might I ask what compositing application you're using, as that could help me be more specific. If you're using something other than Photoshop the black background isn't a problem at all. Even in photoshop it's not a problem, but can be kind of a hastle, especially for someone new so I won't confuse you by walking you through how to get rid of it.

dmdude
12-06-2006, 06:54 PM
Thanks for the help. I am using Photoshop 7.

CGTalk Moderation
12-06-2006, 06:54 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.