PDA

View Full Version : Faces:WIP

JeeVz
12-05-2006, 06:07 PM
Hey,
I’m currently modelling some of my mates faces and I just needed some advice and crit. Model A I done yesterday which is not totally finished the model was edge modelled and I seemed to get the face done nicely until I had to finish off the side of the head where I could not get flow lines done properly…..
Model B I been working on 2day this was box modelled again im not 2 sure about the flow lines on this model as I prefer the flow lines on model A…
I wanted 2 only use quads foe these models as I’m planning on making NM and zbrushing the models……
Any advice or crit would be kewl

Cheers

tofugorilla
12-06-2006, 12:51 AM
They need ears :)

I don't see anything terrible w/ the flow but it could be better. The one thing that stands out to me more than any other thing is what I like to call "Squarehead". It happens when you use orthos to model w/o looking at it from other views. Try taking pictures of your mates from the top down and with them looking up (looking up their nose essentially). If you look at your model from the top down or bottom up I think you will see that the cheeks have an unnatural squareish angle. Compare and adjust.

Also, don't be afraid to model parts and attach them. I typically do the eye sockets separatly as well as the mouth and join them together later. Asymetry also makes a model look so much more real, just doing that usually makes a noticable difference.

-T

Ikosan
12-06-2006, 12:53 AM
You need to pay more attention to the skull underneath the face, you seem to be getting there with the side view of modal a but you need to work on the front view. You should be able to make out the cheek bones, temples etc, the face shouldn't look flat. Modal A is better imo but you have a lot of unessesery polys in it.

JeeVz
12-06-2006, 10:09 AM
Cheers for the crit guys ...il try posting these models up again once ive completed them ... cheers

y i used a lot of polys on model A is because i was actually thinking of giving him a facial expression but il see if i get time

CGTalk Moderation
12-06-2006, 10:09 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.