PDA

View Full Version : Hobgoblin

BrazilianDan
12-05-2006, 01:25 PM
Hey all, I've been browsing these forums for a long time now, and finally decided to post some work. Heres a character I'm doing - gonna build the low-poly and normal map later. Hes got no feet cuz im making boots - also gonna throw in a bunch of gear, and even though it'll cover up lots of his body, i'm detailing a lot of it for practice. Let me know what u think.

Por@szek
12-05-2006, 03:10 PM
Looks nice. But IMO U should rotate hands down,it will be easier to rigg them.

syros
12-05-2006, 03:19 PM
hi, is the short hands part of your concept? Cause I think the arms are short, totaly good job man hope to C more.

BrazilianDan
12-05-2006, 04:23 PM
Thanks for the comments guys. I guess the shot of the body is a little misleading, because his arms and hands are slightly bent. Since the body is in fairly high detail right now, and rotating the hands would be a major pain, I'm gonna keep that in mind for the low-poly version. I'm also gonna make his fingers a bit thicker on the low poly. I blocked out his gear with very basic shapes for the most part. I'm gonna start building the loose bits first (dagger, sword, shield, helmet) . If u guys have any suggestions on the model, design or workflow please let me know. This guy has been inspired by and old Dungeons and Dragons book I had sitting around.

awnold
12-05-2006, 06:15 PM
Hey looking good!

His forearms might be a bit strong compared to his arm, thats only suggestion.

BrazilianDan
12-05-2006, 09:29 PM
ok, another update - i played around with his proportions a bit, his hands are a lot longer (creepy now), and so is his biceps area (to make up for the forearms looking too strong). I also made his torso a little fuller and his fingers a bit thicker. The image attached is a real quick rigid bind on a lower poly version of the torso to test the arm length. I think it looks good now.

2nd thing is I made his shield. Using danish/viking/barbarian reference. let me know what u think.

CGTalk Moderation
12-05-2006, 09:29 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.