PDA

View Full Version : Xstream/LW, happy but could be happier.

nanaboso
12-05-2006, 01:03 PM
Just got to play a little with the new sync plug-in. It's so much fun to see the terrains and plants inside LW. However I'm not so happy with the images produced. Looks to me like there's something not quite right with the internal alpha-maps between the two renderers. Well it's not the final release, and me to lazy to read the manual, so I guess I should not complain.

IvanB
12-07-2006, 07:36 AM
Hi Nanaboso,

I think its a bug...I have seen aonther example of this in the e-on forum...same problem..I'm pretty sure this should not happen, send a ticket to the e-on tech support, see if they can help.

Quick question...Can you see the LW objects in Vue6?

Ivan.

The-G-Man
12-07-2006, 09:42 AM
One thing that does occur to me when watching Vue xstream demos/tutorials is the foeground/background differential. The final image looks like a comp. The two don't blend for me. It's like the orignal Ray Harryhausen work where the actor is very sharp in comparison to the creature he's battling.

Maybe it's just me ...

nanaboso
12-07-2006, 09:46 AM
Thanks Ivan. I contacted eon support yesterday, haven't got an answer yet but then again it's only a few hours since I posted it.
I watched your tutorial made with the Vue5 Xstream demo, did you experience anything like this? And to answer your question no, I can't see my LW-objects inside Vue. But what I find most annoying is the scale difference. The terrains are so tiny. And the scale-slider in LW is a little difficult to use, at least it is for me. But all in all with the ability to paint in vegetation and all the other features I'm quite satisfied with the program, it's a pre-release and hopefully these problems will be delt with.

CGTalk Moderation
12-07-2006, 09:46 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.