PDA

View Full Version : a big proplem with .BVH Retargeting, please help

HJ-panorama
12-05-2006, 07:16 AM
hi

I 'v imported a .BVH file into my scene in MB then i tried to characterize it and I did with some limitations in some missing joints... but it was o.k.

but retargeting of Mia to this character was really complicating .. some joints , up leg and hip follow the target well, but shoulders , Arms , Hands are all semi oppsite..

after plotting the animation to Mia, i checked fcurves (MIa and character side by side) to see the reason .. all curves are opposite ( mirred top down) for joint of shoulder arm and hands....

is there any way to clean up local rotation axes for each joint to follow the character, or is there any way to reverse fcurves for specific joints ??

how can i clean the BVH file so that Mia really fits it ??

thank you in advance

HJ-panorama
12-05-2006, 09:43 AM
got the answer :)

first i need to characterize the imported BVH skeleton with T pose stance....

to do this i need to manually rotate and eyeball the overall orientation of the BVH skeleton.

but now the question is there any script to do this for me... or i have to do all the stuff manually ???

xcomb
12-05-2006, 12:49 PM
When you imported BVF format into MB, did you put in positive Z direction?
Cuz once i had same issue, i had to import and right away face to position Z direction, then after that, i characterized, it all worked fine.

xcomb
12-05-2006, 01:00 PM
Also keep in mind, if you are not able to fix all your problems inside MotionBuilder, you can always plot your retarget your character inside Maya, i think it's in Maya version 8.
and build all your clips inside Maya in Trax Editor.

Favian001
12-07-2006, 10:03 PM
that converts .bvh files into .fbx compatible files. renames the joints so you dont have to go through the pain. I have to find it though, so it may take awhile. its an microsoft access program, so i hope you have it somewhere on your pc.

HJ-panorama
12-13-2006, 08:59 AM
Favian001

still looking forward to hearing from you!!:)

Favian001
12-13-2006, 06:55 PM
forgive me but i havent been at work very much (fractured my foot and got food poisoning) and my programmer resigned. i know the program is here, so don't fret, I will give it to you as soon as I can.

Animatom
01-12-2007, 09:17 AM
Please, this can be very helpfull to my work also. Can we work something out?
Thanks.

MohannadGO
06-07-2007, 09:16 PM
The bvh file that Iam trying to import is not from Motion Builder, It is from mocap library, The problem is when I import the skeleton (using script from highend 3d) it came rotated by 90 deg. in relation with my rig, after labeling the joints (using retargeting Labeling) and retargeting the skeleton to my rig I found it facing the camera - as it was - but directing the left side when it walks, instead of moving straight forward as I thought the retargeting will do.

Any help please??

Favian001
06-11-2007, 06:02 PM
I have been on some pretty intense projects for awhile now and I apologize fro the late response. I found the script but I need to confirm it with a different programmer before I give you something that doesnt work. I'll keep you posted...

MohannadGO, could you post a playblast or screen shot...that might help us help you...

Favian001
06-13-2007, 04:49 PM
it's kind of hard to go over someone elses work and guess what they were doing. I do have someone working on it though...don't hold your breath. I actually need the code myself, so if we can't find it I'll have another one.

MohannadGO
06-15-2007, 07:58 PM
Thanks Favian001

I found the solution; I should first put the BVH skeleton in the T pose and rotate it to match the angle of my rig. No matter the position or the scale, then set this pose as natural pose, then retarget the skeleton.

Anyway, thanks a lot.

HJ-panorama
06-15-2007, 08:46 PM
hi Favian001

I wish a smooth project for you :)

Although, is there any hope to get your code for this .......?

thankx

CGTalk Moderation
06-15-2007, 08:46 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.